SWITCH has been dominated - 967/1000

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
Took three months of study, two books, videos and a lovely babylab to nail it :)

When I went into the testing center today, the first two workstations I was on failed in mid-test and I kept thinking I was going to fail because of computer error or because it didn't take my answers! Thankfully, after an hour of missteps on the center's part, I found a working computer and nailed the exam

Onto Route!
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats and awesome score!
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice job! Are you taking Route next?
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    she said she was
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Wow! Nice job.
  • JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Iris!! I just passed Route and taking switch next. If I could be any help let me know.
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hey Jason,

Check out my other Switch thread. I actually posted my notes on there! Hopefully they help you out
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A big congrats on the pass!!!

Hatch
  • union122union122 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.. Thanks again for the notes
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!I'm sure everybody would appreciate your feedback on ROUTE, the way you helped us on SWITCH. I'm starting my preparation for ROUTE as well icon_study.gif
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    w00t! icon_cheers.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very awesome! Congrats!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Thanks for all the support, guys! I'm pretty excited to start Route but I'm sure it's going to take me awhile to get through considering the size of the books and material.

My victory over Switch was short lived yesterday. I immediately posted on here and then ran to work to configure 6 4510s, 2 6509s, and 2 ASRs and test new fiber on three floors. 10 hours later, I got home and couldn't even look at another Cisco book until I slept. The life of a network engineer!

P.S. The thumbnail is my thumbs up to the two Route books I plan on reading next...
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats @Iristheangel on passing SWITCH! I wanna be like you when I grow up! icon_lol.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    P.S. The thumbnail is my thumbs up to the two Route books I plan on reading next...

That's a thumbnail of your thumb nail. icon_lol.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the support, guys! I'm pretty excited to start Route but I'm sure it's going to take me awhile to get through considering the size of the books and material.

My victory over Switch was short lived yesterday. I immediately posted on here and then ran to work to configure 6 4510s, 2 6509s, and 2 ASRs and test new fiber on three floors. 10 hours later, I got home and couldn't even look at another Cisco book until I slept. The life of a network engineer!

Route is a big one, but fun! The great thing is you can do it all virtually via GNS3 for labbing purposes.

I too know how it feels to get beaten down by work in a day you literally do not have the mental effort to do anything Cisco related the rest of the night haha!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So close to the perfect score, you have to retake simply not good enough.

I'm kidding, well done great score and good luck with the Route exam.
  • Prog SnobProg Snob Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    Congrats on the pass!!!!
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I know you've been preparing for that for a while.
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Took three months of study, two books, videos and a lovely babylab to nail it :)

When I went into the testing center today, the first two workstations I was on failed in mid-test and I kept thinking I was going to fail because of computer error or because it didn't take my answers! Thankfully, after an hour of missteps on the center's part, I found a working computer and nailed the exam

Onto Route!

Good job! This is the next test after BCNP.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats!

I had downloaded your notes before, and just read through them, based on this news, I'm "printing them out now" LOL.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a solid score, nicely done!
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats! Nice job!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bowing in respect!

I downloaded your Switch notes too....I'm going to be done with the CCNP Security tomorrow so I may start looking to follow in your footsteps after the CISA in June.

Waiting for you to STOMP ROUTE.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Switch is a tricky exam.
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
  • biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats,

Best of luck to your future endeavors.

Gene
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    When are you taking route? I'm scheduled for April 28th. Good luck!
  • CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I downloaded your notes and am now using them. No doubt they will become legendary haha!