I'm back and dont know where to start!

dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
when you last heared from me, I had my A+ booked, I was on this site everyday, and studying everyday, was almost fully prepared and days away. Then a job came up I couldnt turn down, but it was only a temporary position. I had to cancell my exam, becuase I really couldnt find the time to study. Now im ready to start up again, and book my exam, however I really feel like I have forgotten everything and just dont know where start! I am not motivated as I was. I was going to buy the Mike Meyers all in one, but if I have quite a bit of knowledge all ready, is it worth it? wat do you think the first thing I should start on is?
HELP!!

Comments

• PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    The first thing you should work on is organizing the time you have now icon_wink.gif

What did you use to start your preparation for the A+? I would recommend you go back to those notes and books and review what you really already know. You'll be surprised at how many times you're gonna read something and say to yourself, "oh yeah, I remember that". Now go pick up a book and let us know when you get stuck! icon_lol.gif

When do you hope to take this test?
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • thecomeonsthecomeons Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i wouldn't buy a weighty book either. if you knew the stuff reasonably well when the exam(s) were booked originally, a reread or meyers' passport may be all you need.
  • dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys,
    To be honest with you, I feel like I have forgotten everyting, dont even know where I last left of. I took the A+ core about 5 months ago, and failed by a fraction i got 550 and you need 596. I cant afford to fail again, im wondering whether to start from scratch and buy the book, that way ill be garunteed to pass if i study say a few hours a day for 2 weeks. How did you all stduy from the Meyers all in one, did u read and take notes on every page? surely that must take ages?? Or this not a good idea?
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    I actually read the book and took notes in a separate notebook - before long I started taking the bits that HAD to be memorized and organized them into a table of sorts. I'm a visual learner, so if I can kind of make a picture out of it then it will stick better. These are the things that I also wrote down quickly on those pieces of paper they give you at the test center. Even though you know the IRQs in the pressure of a test you will find yourself questioning what you know so write it down before the pressure truly starts icon_wink.gif

If you feel you've forgotten everything (and I doubt you really have) then start at the beginning. Invest in a book if that is what you think will benefit you the most. Check out the passport book by Meyers - as bellboy pointed out, that may be all you need to get you back on track. And you won't need back surgery from lugging it around while you study icon_lol.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • AntiochmanAntiochman Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also suggest that you take some online test such as those on the techexams. net and also on CD's such as the one's in the Mike Meyers books to find out what you know and don't know. I hope that this helps.
    To learn is life, living is putting to use what you have learned, death is when this process stops!
    Where did you say the cheapest online site to buy the mike meyers book is? That wont nick my credit card details! and deliver to London in days rather than weeks??
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try Mikes own site http://www.totalsem.com :)
    Prices are cheaper at http://www.buy.com, but they have a HUGE minimum order icon_mad.gif
    Another very good and trustworthy site is www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-6714751-3000063
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    Pavlov, im sure you mentioned a site, somewhere in the forum where you will save a lot of money?? isnt it around £50, the only thing is I want to buy the passport book as well.