Labs for CIPT2

aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
For those that have finished CIPT2, what sort of labs did you do to prepare?

Setting up multiple clusters for ICT, CCD, SAF, etc. is a lot of work for a lab. I'm not planning to lab anything other than creating a mock globalized dial plan and go over device mobility/extension mobility setup.

Comments

• bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Hi Aaron,

I've been studying for this exam over a month now and scheduled to take it next week. So far I've mocked up a few scenarios mainly persisting of globalized routing (the concept is amazing but that actual implementation gets awfully confusing at times..lol), some IOS familiarization with the SAF/CCD but not too much effort into it, I hope its not tested extensively but so far the main concepts have been easy to grasp. Based on the other exams CVOICE/CIPT1 I feel comfortable with the way they've laid out the formats of those LABs and questions and don't feel like this one will be any different. Ive been using Mark Snows INE videos and Cisco CIPT2 book.

Glad to see someone else is pursuing this lengthy track!
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @aaron: I mainly focused on localisation/globalisation in the lab, and configured SAF/CCD on one node just to get the config right. As these were the 2 big new additions to CIPT2, I thought these were likely areas to focus on. I would have like to lab the rest, but time wasn't on my side.

@bob: I used to INE videos as well (CIPT2 and ATC). Understanding the "why" was ok, simplified dial plan and flow-on benefits. But the "How" you do it, I found the videos and study guide hard to follow....maybe it was just me...:D
    I think I get easily confused watching Mark go through alot of changes because he often times changes the requirement of the 'customer' per say. But by reading the book and watching real demonstrations I feel like it gets drilled in me one form or another lol..

Personally I find CCD somewhat easy to grasp and watching it work is awesome! However I thought I read someone state SAF/CCD will be replaced by another technology in an upcoming CUCM version. Any word on that?
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Yes SAF/CCD is not going to be further developed unless Cisco changes its plans. ILS will be the newer feature.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Thanks guys. I've read through the CIPT2 press book already (pretty short) and plan on reading it again. I'll check out some of the INE videos.

@azaghul. That blog you posted on globalization in your CIPT2 thread is great, even though it's the Australian number plan icon_wink.gif. It's was a way better read than the Cisco book, which I found confusing on this particular topic. The part two on that post where he lays out the implementation using screen shots is completely ignored in the book.

@shodown. Isn't Intercluster Lookup Service in version 9 already.
    Hey aaron, i have my test scheduled for tomorrow.. i'll let you know how it goes! I'll admit im a bit nervous, other than CVOICE which just slaps you silly full of information, CIPT2 does seem to dive deeper into concepts and features. Tonight I'm just going over globalization/localization concepts and review as I think that's pretty much the driving concept behind CIPT2.. hope I'm right!
    bobfromfpl wrote: »
    Hey aaron, i have my test scheduled for tomorrow.. i'll let you know how it goes! I'll admit im a bit nervous, other than CVOICE which just slaps you silly full of information, CIPT2 does seem to dive deeper into concepts and features. Tonight I'm just going over globalization/localization concepts and review as I think that's pretty much the driving concept behind CIPT2.. hope I'm right!

Thanks and good luck. How long did you prepare? I'm thinking of scheduling in four weeks which would be about six weeks study time total.
    Hey Aaron,

I've been preparing since middle of February, little more than a month now I'd guess. I've just been rolling from one book to the next and find it reliving that the technology and terms build on each other reinforcing old concepts and introducing new ones with each new book.

My exam was a success today, but I will admit I did WAY better then I would've guessed. Many of the SAF questions left me scratching my head with a 50/50 decision between to answers. Overall, I think these tests are easier then they should be but I'm sure I'll eat my words when I begin studying for the IE Written :)
    Congrats, your on the home stretch now for CCNP Voice and thanks for the feedback. The CIPT2 FLG book is a really quick read. I went through two chapters a night and finished the book in a week. I'm going to reread it again before the exam though. I'm probably going to shoot for testing the first week of April.

What did you score if you don't mind sharing? I think the silver lining with this test is a passing score is 720. That's rather lenient compared to most Cisco exams. You don't have to be perfect to pass it.
    Thanks.. I really drilled home the global/local concept. I must've watched the INE video section 3 to 4 times, and read through the chapter in the book 3 times Short read I agree, its 400 pages but with many being diagrams and quizzed/chapter intros ect, it was pretty short.

After feeling confident with that it seems like all the features that went with it just clicked and made sense either that or I could best guess on the exam! lol...

I scored an 85x... passing score is a 720. I may proceed with CAPPS instead of TVOICE as that is the next section of the INE videos. I'd assume Mark would kind of build on his topics as he has been.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd suggest TVOICE before CAPPS. Having completed CAPPS and now preparing for TVOICE, TVOICE is the logical follow on from the first 3 exams. CAPPS is more stand-alone. Looking at the TVOICE exam topics on Cisco, there seems no reference to CUCx, CUE or CUPS.
    azaghul wrote: »
    I'd suggest TVOICE before CAPPS. Having completed CAPPS and now preparing for TVOICE, TVOICE is the logical follow on from the first 3 exams. CAPPS is more stand-alone. Looking at the TVOICE exam topics on Cisco, there seems no reference to CUCx, CUE or CUPS.

Good info. On Cisco.com TVOICE is listed as the fourth required exam with CAPPS being the last. I plan on taking TVOICE after CIPT2 and saving CAPPS for last since it is supposedly the easiest one.
    I'll follow the advice and progress on my TVOICE instead :)

Thanks guys!
    Hey Aaron, any date for the CIPT2 test??

I scheduled my TVOICE for next week... after reviewing the blueprint it's all pretty much "Troubleshoot XYZ".. I figure I know it or I dont lol. I've been over INE videos twice now and I'm listening to K.Wallace videos at work to throw in some diversity.
    Might take a crack at it next Thursday. I'm not super prepared but with a passing score of 720 I feel like I can get by. I'll update next week. Good luck on TVOICE.