Sample CCENT Lab Workbook - feedback needed

PsychoCiscoPsychoCisco Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Fellas, here I have attached a sample of my CCENT workbook. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Good or bad I would like to get your feedback :)

Thanks CCENT Lab Workbook - Draft.pdf

Comments

• Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty nice project you started. Suggestion, on page 9 right above Task 6, you have a screen shot of the running-config. At the bottom of the screen shot you see "--More--", maybe put a comment there about pressing the space bar to scroll the output 1 screen at a time or Enter key to scroll line by line.
  • PsychoCiscoPsychoCisco Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    Pretty nice project you started. Suggestion, on page 9 right above Task 6, you have a screen shot of the running-config. At the bottom of the screen shot you see "--More--", maybe put a comment there about pressing the space bar to scroll the output 1 screen at a time or Enter key to scroll line by line.

Thanks Mate I will put a comment there, and also formatting is quite bad, I have to find a good software to create a proper eBook.
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Very nice. That looks like it is going to turn out very well. When do you think that you will finish the book?
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • BobNakamuraBobNakamura Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's great! Very nicely done!
    Goals for 2013
    - Get into a Computer Engineering program for university [✓]
    - Earn my CCNA Certification [✓]
    - Earn my CompTIA A+ Certification [ ]
    And then I will decide what to do from there...
    Thanks guys, I haven't decided when to finish, that's why I asked you guys for feedback. Because I'm intending to sit for CCNA at the end of the month but If I'm going to finish this book I will have to postpone my exam but I don't mind If I'll receive certain amount of feedback. So that I know my effort is not gonna go down the drain.
  • BobNakamuraBobNakamura Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I haven't decided when to finish, that's why I asked you guys for feedback. Because I'm intending to sit for CCNA at the end of the month but If I'm going to finish this book I will have to postpone my exam but I don't mind If I'll receive certain amount of feedback. So that I know my effort is not gonna go down the drain.

Personally (from my perspective of things), I think you should put the CCNA exam a priority. I mean if you postpone it thats great (more time to study) and work on your workbook, but personally CCNA should be a priority. Also, if you put it down for a long period of time, eventually you will forget your stuff and spend time again to re-study the material again.
    Goals for 2013
    - Get into a Computer Engineering program for university [✓]
    - Earn my CCNA Certification [✓]
    - Earn my CompTIA A+ Certification [ ]
    And then I will decide what to do from there...
    Personally (from my perspective of things), I think you should put the CCNA exam a priority. I mean if you postpone it thats great (more time to study) and work on your workbook, but personally CCNA should be a priority. Also, if you put it down for a long period of time, eventually you will forget your stuff and spend time again to re-study the material again.

That's what I thought, I have already wasted so much time, it's been three months since I passed CCENT and I should have my CCNA by now.

I better get my CCNA and work on the book after that. Thanks for your input
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    I do agree, but also in a sense this is another form of studying for him. He is basically reviewing his own notes.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
    Patel128 wrote: »
    I do agree, but also in a sense this is another form of studying for him. He is basically reviewing his own notes.

Ha ha good one that's exactly what my wife said to me :p
  • craigc84craigc84 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This workbook looks great.
    I Imagine writing it is an awesome study tool for yourself too.

Im sure your workbook will be great once it is finished. Ive just purchased a couple of routers and switches from ebay and a workbook like this would really come in handy. Does anyone have any to recommend?
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Looks good, they say if you can teach someone whatever it is you are studying then you know the subject.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Good stuff... keep up the good work mate..
    there are very few GOOD lab workbooks available... I am sure ppl will appreciate your hard work...
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • ralbertos21ralbertos21 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys I was extremely busy with my work like over 50 hours a week so never got around finishing it. But after seeing your comments I've decided to do it and go for my CCNA as well. What I will do is I will revise everything and do it according to the new currculum.

If anyone would like to participate please let me know, let's do this to help each other forget about money!