Options

RHCE in 2 days

log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
The famous thread of the waiting on an exam :) and it happens this wednesday.
have been studying so much I can pretty much do all objectives without doing any man pages lookup or --help method
can't wait to shut down the Lab, I started my RHCSA/RHCE studying since May 2012 and since then have been studying till today, could have finished it much earlier if the exam center didn't have exam per 3-4 months sign up basis.
I have taken infinite number of notes, can't say I am attending unprepared, hopefully the anxiety will not play major role in my performance during the exam (typos are common as hell)
any last tips for the excited candidate?

Comments

• Options
    BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    REBOOT when you have 15 minutes left. I've had one guy who finished earlier but because of some fstab error his computer didnt boot -> FAIL. Do not make any more changes who interfere with the boot after that. A pass is a pass no matter the score.
  • Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    I guess executing mount -a can check quite enough that the syntax was edited correctly, but I'll do that anyways, thanks
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Good luck buddy, all the best icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Bodanel wrote: »
    REBOOT when you have 15 minutes left. I've had one guy who finished earlier but because of some fstab error his computer didnt boot -> FAIL. Do not make any more changes who interfere with the boot after that. A pass is a pass no matter the score.

I finished early and left early ( I have this habit from school and college). I did boot multiple time after few tasks just in case

• Options
    @UnixGuy

The ideea is to reboot at least once. I think could be a life saver.
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are a lot of nasty things that can happen during boot:

- Volumes/LUNs not found or connected
    - VolumeGroup or LogicalVolume not active

Definitely boot at least once!
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    @Bodanel: Sorry I think I didn't express my point well. I meant that I did reboot plenty of times after certain configurations to test, and managed to finish early as well :) I agree, It is important and a major requirement in the exam to make the configurations persist across reboots.

• Options
    @UnixGuy

I understood the first time :) . I've also rebooted multiple times. Altough i tried to not be influenced by the "horror stories" online during exam I got as little panic attack because one of the objectives was not working.

One thing I REALLY REALLY LIKED was that the objectives were crystal clear, no trick.