just got a student assistant job!!!

misman1982misman1982 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got an offer to work as a student assistant for the county as a computer technician!! I start out working to install new computer equipment to all county locations. Pay is small which I expect but that's ok. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the most out of this position??? Anything will do. Thanks.

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sounds like a Field Tech to me have a look at this post:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13386

And congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Think of your resume. "What would I like to put on my resume for future employment?" If there's any chance to learn, do so. Many employers believe there's a difference between "knowing how to do something" and "having done so on the job".
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    Take the opportunity to network. Be professional, don't let networking distract from doing your job well, but you never know, someone you meet on this job may offer you your next.
  • misman1982misman1982 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. I don't know if this will help anyone but I might as well let everyone know: Patience is good to have. I've been out of school for almost a year. Graduated with an MIS degree but couldn't find a job. Since then, I went everywhere looking for a job; I put over 5000 miles in a span of 2 months. After 11 months I finally land something and I'm going back to school to learn more. So my advice to give: Be patient. Your opportunity will come.