Trouble with FTP and Cisco 3725 Router

SteveoderockerSteveoderocker Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All! First time posting, and really need a little help! Ok, so basically I having some trouble with one of my routers. I am working in a virtual envirnment powered by GNS3, VPCS, and Vmware. This is the scenario. Win7 in VMWare connected to vmnet2, connected to a switch connected to a router in GNS3. The 7 machine has an ftp server running and I can login/drop files/etc without a problem. However, if I try to copy anything from the router to the FTP server, I get an error saying "No such file or directory". I have asked my teacher about this, and he doesn't know either. Commands: #copy running-config ftp address of remote host: 192.168.116.128 Destination Filename[router2-confg]? Writing backup %Error opening ftp://192.168.116.128/router2-confg (No such file or directory) In addition, a 0 byte file is created in the ftp drop folder. I do not understand why I keep getting this error and any help would be appreciated :) Cheers All!

EDIT:
Found out the problem, bug in IOS. Updated to lated 3725 IOS. Everything seems to work fine now.

Comments

• JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Does tftp work? Tried another router or switch? Try enabling debug and seeing what it shows?

This seems like a GNS3 and/or your ftp problem more so than the router issue :)

ex. http://forum.gns3.net/topic4641.html
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Open up the port in your personal firewall.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • SteveoderockerSteveoderocker Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    Does tftp work? Tried another router or switch? Try enabling debug and seeing what it shows?

ex. GNS3 • View topic - TFTP problem

Yes, TFTP works fine. I'll try with another router/switch. Also, I doubt it's the FTP server as I have tried this with both Windows XP FTp and Windows 7 FTP.
    JeanM wrote: »

ex. GNS3 • View topic - TFTP problem

Its inside of VM's. It isnt leaving the internal network.
    @Mod - please close. Cheers
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    This isn't a ticketing system. Someone else might have something useful to to this thread add later on.