Study time for ICND1?

wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have my exam on the 19th April so I have 1 month. I just passed Network+ so have a little knowledge.

My resources are: Todd Lammle's book and Practice exams. I would use CBT nuggets but the Network+ ones drove me mad!

I'm planning on 2 weeks theory, 1 week practice (packet tracer and hardware), and 1 week refresh on everything.

Does this sound feasible?! I could put it back a week maybe, but having pressure is good! I passed N+ in 3 weeks study.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think 1 month is a very reasonable time frame if you stay committed.

For reference, it also took me 3 weeks for Network+. Going into the CCENT immediately after, I passed it after about 5 weeks of study. My study materials were similar to yours, except I used Odom's Cisco Press book as my primary, with Lammle's CCNA book for backup/reinforcement.

As a side note -- I didn't use CBT Nuggets for N+, but found them to be pretty helpful for ICND1. Whenever I got bored of a topic, I'd pull up the corresponding video(s). Jeremy is very entertaining and easy to watch/digest, so that would seem to get me back on track.

Good luck!
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ah perfect that's the response I was looking for!

Yeah that seems a good idea with the CBT nuggets. I just put it back a week so I have 5 weeks too. Just getting focused again is the hard part!