Brain Twister xD

llllvllllllllvllll Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□

Ok whoever finds out the Root Bridge & Port mode gets a Cookie :D

Comments

• atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    SW1 is the root bridge due to priority, so all its ports are designated, on SW2 f0/0 will be the root port and f0/1 will be blocking. I know that that hub in the middle is half duplex but what does it have to do with STP, what I’m I missing?
  • llllvllllllllvllll Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well you r wrong mate. When SW1 sends BPDU packet , hub will broadcast it to all of it interface, So think again which port will be DP ,RP & blocked.

P.S :- No Cookie for you :P
    ok f0/0 on sw1 will be DP , f0/0 on sw2 will be RP and all the other ports will be blocked :)
  • xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    llllvllll wrote: »
    well you r wrong mate. When SW1 sends BPDU packet , hub will broadcast it to all of it interface, So think again which port will be DP ,RP & blocked.

ima say sw1 fa0/0 DP / sw1 fa0/1 BP , SW2 fa0/0 root , SW2 fa0/1 ALT PORT/backup/blocked depending on version
  • dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    llllvllll wrote: »

So does this mean that Fa0/1 on SW1 will be blocked? even though for STP the root bridge doesn't block any of its ports? Wish I had a hub to lab this up with.
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]
  • dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Labbed it up this weekend:

SW1 fa0/0 - Desg - FWD
    SW1 fa0/1 - Back - BLK

SW2 fa0/0 - Root - FWD
    SW2 fa0/1 - Altn - BLK

Spanning-tree on shared medium is interesting. If the ports power on in weird ways root ports can be put into the inconsistent state depending on when BPDUs get looped to and fro.

Good brain teaser!
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]