Passed Security+

snakeuptilitsnakeuptilit Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello TE,

I mainly lurk but I wanted to share my story. I took the test about two days ago and passed with an 800. I used Darrils book and transcender practice test system.I had 3 simulation questions right off the bat.

-Match a port number with a service
-Match security controls with a system
-Review logs and determine a problem(this one stumped me)

I wanted to thank everyones input on her on the test which helped greatly and to Darril.

Next is the CCNA then CCNA: Security.

Thanks.

Comments

• bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass!!!

I am also heading in the CCNA direction, fun times ahead. lol
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • willis127willis127 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I also am a full time lurker, first time poster. I passed the Security+ today with a 856. Not too difficult. I have worked in IT for the past 3 years and have taken a course on Security+, but the whole exam thing scares me. Finally took it as a larger effort to get certified to show prospective future employers the knowledge I have. Kind of hard to articulate that you know something but you just haven't gotten the certification because you are cheap.

My next moves are towards Windows 7, again to validate my knowledge, and then on to MCSA Server 2012. Once that is complete I'll work towards my CCENT/CCNA. I'm majoring in Information Security so I'll probably head the CCNA Security route as well. Good luck on your future tests.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @snakeuptilt. Congratulations on the pass. Glad the book helped. Good luck on the CCNA and CCNA:Security.

@Willis127. Congrats on your pass and welcome to the forums as a poster. Good to hear that you're facing the fear of the "whole exam thing", and beating it. Good luck with the Windows 7 certs.
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • snakeuptilitsnakeuptilit Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • rawhiderawhide Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...! Any tips on reference material, I plan to take this up very soon.
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    w00t! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and @Dakinggamer87 once I see that Donkey Kong it affirms that you pass i love that pic lol
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None