Just passed Security+ exam

gustavoisgustavois Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello people,

I'm glad to say that I just passed on the security+ exam, it was my first certificate and I need to thanks Darril Gibson for his excelent book and the people here who helped with some information. My preparation was based only on Darril Gibson book, some reading of his blogs articles and some Professor Messer videos.

I am very happy, and now going to study for ITILv3F, ISO27002 (goods for my work) and later CCNA!

My score was not very good, just 794. But it was the necessary to pass :P Some questions confused me because english is not my native language and it had some grammar that I didn't actually know.

Some information to help other users..

My performance questions were 2 based on Malwares/Attacks, and the other to configure a WAP in a Wireless environment using the information of some AAA/LDAP/Wireless Controller Server(this one was really difficult to me).

About the questions I think if you study with Darril Gibson's book and understand the principals concepts you will be well prepared.

Regards!

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent, a pass is a pass, congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! A pass is a pass!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • gustavoisgustavois Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys!

Just one question, I saw on the paper with the score that we need to get the certificate on the CompTIA's website.

Do you know how many days they usually put it there? (I want to show it for my boss as soon as possible haha)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got mine posted 2 days after my test even though they said it could take up to a week, they also e-mailed me.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • gustavoisgustavois Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks danny069, they have just sent it right now!

Very happy with my first certification, looking for the next!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass and getting your certificate so quick. Glad to hear the book and blog articles helped. Good luck with the ITIL and other certifications.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats gustavois! Keep up the good work