CCNP in 6 months?!

2»

Comments

• f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did something similar to prtech. I have 4-5 years of network experience and took Route first, after 3 months of hardcore studying. Then (because most of my experience is with switches) I took Switch about a month later, and TShoot the day after Switch. Depends on your background and if you've had the opportunity to see these things in action. If it's all new material, I don't think it's viable.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    and even (ugh) VoIP every day.

Ha, CUCM is way more fun than some boring routing protocol like OSPF. icon_wink.gif

ROUTE is what is really keeping me from pursuing CCNP. Maybe I'll change my mind one day.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I still contend that voice engineers are a couple of bits "off" :)
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for all the responses. I recently obtained a position where i will be gathering a lot of experience. Im going to shoot for early 2014 for the CCNP.
  • pertpert Member Posts: 250
    You could honestly do the CCNP in 2 months with self study if you are are so inclined. This means 5-6 hours a day though. If you were also able to go to classes for route and switch you could do it in a month. TSHOOT does not take more than 2 hours to study for if you prepared for ROUTE and SWITCH already. I dont recommend studying at that pace because it reaaaaaly takes something out of you and will make the experience crappy. I think its better for your overall health and retention to just continously study 60-90 mins a day. Its sustainable and keeps you active.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    and even (ugh) VoIP every day.

Amen! Voice = Ugh!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    I still contend that voice engineers are a couple of bits "off" :)

I resemble.. err... *resent* that remark!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The point should never be how fast can you pass a test, but how well are you learning the content.

Patience is a valuable trait that unfortunately isn't valued enough in our society.
  • HackedAliasHackedAlias Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With only 6 months experience at the time I got my CCNA in December '11. And with a ton of study time and access to any equipment I had my CCNP on April 5th of 2012. I work on CCNP and higher level issues in a pretty big NOC.