70-290 much similar to 70-270 exam

kovokovo Member Posts: 122
Ive been studyin the sybex book for the last 2 weeks since i passed my XP Pro exam. The 70-290 sybex book is considerably thinner than the XP one and some chapters are very similar regarding file permissions and hardware etc networking. I haqve covered half the book in the last 2 weeks combined with full timwe work , only reading a chapter a night 2 or 3 nights a week. I get hands on experience at work so i dont bother doing the labs at home. I have server 2003 domain controller and xp pro setup at home so i can practice everything. I feel i will be able to go for this exam in another 4 weeks. This is only 6 weeks from passing my 70-270 exam. It took me about 3 months to study and get 936 in my XP exam. Then i read people sayin 70-290 is heaps harder than xp exam. Surely this is just cause they dont have experience in server 2003? I dont see it as too difficult from what ive come across in the sybex book so far, which is my only study material besides this site. Any chance of more tech notes here i used the XP ones heaps.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm not sure what else can be added apart from what we already answered in your previous post here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13256
    but whether it's harder than 270 or not, you 'can' overprepare for either of them. I think the best thing to do right now is to get some good practice exams and see where you stand.

I'm sure I'll write more 70-290 TechNotes, but I first want to get all the Network+ TechNotes updated, finish the remaining 70-270 and Security+ TechNotes so I can create the PDF version for those. Plus I want to spent some more time on writing practice questions this year, so I can't really give an ETA for new Windows 2003 TechNotes.
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    give the webmaster some time, i am sure he has a lot on his hands. get the ms book for the 290 and take the exam questions in it. there are 450 questions and they are harder than the ones on the exam. if you can answer those correctly you are ready.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    webmaster, so when will it be available?! I thought your only job was to constantly monitor the website all day long....hehehe. icon_lol.gif
    I myself are using 5 different sources to study for the server exams. Mastering Server 2003, ms press, syngress, Addison-Wesley's, and Oreilly's. Don't see why we shouldn't seek out more to study instead of just sticking with the study guide. This isn't about what particular entities to study on the exam, but rather an learning process to know more about Server 2003 (no offense intended). MS Press (as well as other study guides) only gives you limited explanations and labs for the exam; what infos one needs more will be in different books. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to sell more books to get more incentives.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    j/k :)
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
    Jokes are supposed to be funny man ;) No worries, no offense taken. And I don't not mind, nor feel pushed when someone asks for more TechNotes. On the contrary.