Icnd1 + icnd2 = ccna today :)

msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
I passed the ICND 1 exam back at the beginning of February and I wrote the ICND2 exam this morning and passed with a 916.

I went from 0 to CCNA after studying for about 2 months.
I used Packet Tracer, GNS3, and physical routers @ work.
I studied using CBT's, INE videos on Youtube <-- AWESOME! and the cisco press books.

I found the ICND2 exam easier than the ICND1 exam, however...

I started the exam feeling pretty confident, I was blazing through the questions, feeling pretty good, until...

A SIM!

EDIT: Looks like a MOD took this part out.... long story short the sim messed up.

I know I missed out on a couple points because I wasn't able to complete the SIM, and after moving on from that question I was a bit frazzled and probably missed a couple others after, luckily(?), this SIM was in the last 10 questions and a pass is a pass!

Studying for the CCNA was a lot of fun, it's something that i've wanted to do for the last couple years but haven't had a lot of time to pursue.

Next up? Upgrading my MCSE 2003 -> 2008 hoping to get that done in the next month or so :)

Comments

• krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Congrats on the pass
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • ch1vasch1vas Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I also find studying for the ICND2 much easier. I almost thought I must be missing something. But apparently you found the ICND2 exam to be easier as well.
    Goal 2013: CCENT (x); CCNA(x); Security+(x); ITIL Foundation ( )
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Congratulations and a good pass mark!
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome good for you!!
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Only in 2 months? That's nice.
    Congrats!!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on CCNA!!!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    msnelgrove wrote: »
    I passed the ICND 1 exam back at the beginning of February and I wrote the ICND2 exam this morning and passed with a 916.

I went from 0 to CCNA after studying for about 2 months.
    I used Packet Tracer, GNS3, and physical routers @ work.
    I studied using CBT's, INE videos on Youtube <-- AWESOME! and the cisco press books.

I found the ICND2 exam easier than the ICND1 exam, however...

I started the exam feeling pretty confident, I was blazing through the questions, feeling pretty good, until...

A SIM!

EDIT: Looks like a MOD took this part out.... long story short the sim messed up.

I know I missed out on a couple points because I wasn't able to complete the SIM, and after moving on from that question I was a bit frazzled and probably missed a couple others after, luckily(?), this SIM was in the last 10 questions and a pass is a pass!

Studying for the CCNA was a lot of fun, it's something that i've wanted to do for the last couple years but haven't had a lot of time to pursue.

Next up? Upgrading my MCSE 2003 -> 2008 hoping to get that done in the next month or so :)

Nice work, how many hours a day were you studying?
    Goals 2013: CCNET [ ] CCNA [ ] CCNP [ ]
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Thanks everyone!

I'd say 3-4 hours a night 3-4 days a week between 6-9/10pm
    and a good 5-8 hours Saturdays and Sundays.

I was able to use some cisco routers @ work, which didn't really help with the exam topics but more getting used to the routers & IOS
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.