CCENT Pass!!

thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Feeling pretty good right now. Was really not sure going into it but like others have said when you get bored of going over the same things its time to take it.

Passed my ICND1 yesterday with a 850!

Used TrainSignal (the Chris Bryant ones) and the WGU provided videos plus lots of time in front of the home lab.

I have wanted to get a use of my lab for the past 3 years and it finally paid off!

Thanks to everyone at TE
Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.

Comments

• NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! Hopefully I'll be in the same boat soon :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to you!!!
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice job!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.
    Be sure to start preparing for ICND2 as CISCO has changed the pattern of ICND2.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am debating whether to take the CCENT or just go for broke and take the CCNA
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ch1vasch1vas Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goal 2013: CCENT (x); CCNA(x); Security+(x); ITIL Foundation ( )
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!Any plans for the ICND2? Like d6bmg said it is worth taking the time to decide whether to bang it out now or go for the new one.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • monorionmonorion Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass Thall, might I ask you what did you use to study for your home lab, any workbooks or lab manuals?
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations. Keep pressing on your CCNA. It does pay off when you get it.
  • r3solvedr3solved Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Job! :) I would like pass CCENT for 3 weeks. I read CCENT ICND1 Offcial Cert Guide and watched CBT Nuggets. What do you think about time on exam, is sufficient (90min)?
  • thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone for the kind words.

No question I will be continuing on to finish my CCNA, with a touch of urgency due to the new exam being announced.

Monorion- I did not use a work book or anything specific. Lots of just sitting down and typing commands over and over and trying to ping things and making it all talk together. I got the commands from the two forms of videos I watched.

r3solved- I have heard of people finishing right down to the wire. I left with 20 minutes remaining.
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! I am debating whether to take the CCENT or just go for broke and take the CCNA

That depends on your experience and how much comfortable you are with CCNA course-ware.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif & good luck on the ICND2!
  • fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats on the pass!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog