BranchCache - how much detail needed ?

garywin7garywin7 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

just using this as an example of a Win 7 feature that I did not know about

also, it shows on my Win 7 Pro laptop which suprised me as I thought it was Enterprise or Ultimate ?

question is - is it more understanding the concept or should you be able to type the netsh for this ?

question 2 - better example, should you know you need port 3702 for Distributed ?

i'm guessing concept and the 80ms of course as its not a well used feature judging by forum feedback
and use the time on more popular features

I'm really trying to gauge the depth of knowledge needed really

new to the forum and very impressed

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    It depends on which exam you are asking about in particular, but I found my questions on BranchCache were more high-level and less technical...know the differences between hosted and distributed, what some hang-ups or problem indicators could be...I don't recall any CLI questions regarding the topic.
  • garywin7garywin7 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I should have put MCSA 70-680 in the Subject but forgot

can a mod help me out on this ?
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't recall being asked syntax or ports. Mostly high-level. I wouldn't spend a lot of time on the details. Once you get what it is and what it does, move on.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • garywin7garywin7 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

just compared the IT Free Training video on this which is the one I have used so far and the Professor Messer one

IT Free Training has more detail and you can do "all" the netsh commands at the end
    where as the Professor is more the concept and no ports mentioned
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I think I was asked what components are needed for BranchCache.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I was asked the netsh command for enabling it on the test.