Passed CCENT!

krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
Passed CCENT today with a score of 925 (804 minimum). I scored 100% on all sections except for the following 2:

Describe the operation of data networks - 86%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for WLAN - 50%

I felt like some of the questions regarding WLAN completely blind sided me. I had never seen some of the terms and related IOS commands in the WLAN questions, but it didn't matter I suppose, I'll make sure to focus on it before the CCNA.

I used Odom's book (I did not read any of Part III: IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting) and CBT nuggets.

Edit: Used Lammle's book for IP addressing and subnetting only. Wasn't a huge fan of how Odom approached the topic. Lammle made it very simple
2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]

Comments

• jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Always good to see a passing score. Congratulations! What's your next goal?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    krjay wrote: »
    Passed CCENT today with a score of 925 (804 minimum). I scored 100% on all sections except for the following 2:

Describe the operation of data networks - 86%
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for WLAN - 50%

I felt like some of the questions regarding WLAN completely blind sided me. I had never seen some of the terms and related IOS commands in the WLAN questions, but it didn't matter I suppose, I'll make sure to focus on it before the CCNA.

I used Odom's book (I did not read any of Part III: IPv4 Addressing and Subnetting) and CBT nuggets.

Edit: Used Lammle's book for IP addressing and subnetting only. Wasn't a huge fan of how Odom approached the topic. Lammle made it very simple

How did you gauge when you were ready for the exam? Meaning...did you take practice exams? Or was there something else you used to ascertain you were ready for the exam?
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with your ICND2 studies. icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on ICND2!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Thanks all, on to ICND2.

Rod: I really wasn't to fond of any practice exams I took. Many of them contained CCNA material and some were worded terribly, I just don't think they were a good metric for determining when I was ready. I took thorough notes in OneNote on every topic in Odom's book. When I got to the point where I'd come up to a term like 'dynamic routing' and know every protocol, the associated IOS commands etc before reading it I knew I was ready.

I spent a lot of time making sure I knew the show commands and subnetting, and it really paid off. Make sure you're familiar with both .
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

Keep up the good work.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome work!! Grats!
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. Mow prepare for ICND2. ;)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Indeed it is time for the ICND2 studying to begin. I actually cracked the ICND2 Odom book within an hour of leaving the testing facility. I think I may have a bit of a problem...