2 time loser.... 70-680

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Brutal... failed for the second time... first time I used Sybex, this time I used the material that came with WGU... pretty lame scores both times, 520 last time... 589 this time...

so I improved... but not much..
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to hear this....I have heard that this is a tough exam.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    I can't recommend the Don Poulton book enough for this exam
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Loser? You are not a loser! Head up, get another source, and attack once again!

NEVER GIVE UP!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Darthn3ss wrote: »
    I can't recommend the Don Poulton book enough for this exam

I put that on my Wish List on Amazon, I will probably pick it up when I get paid or my taxes come in, whichever comes first

right now I'm watching these videos recommended in another thread. itfreetraining.com, pretty good stuff
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Sorry to hear that. Hang in there. You'll get it next time.

What section was the hardest for you?
    Working on Linux+
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    You are only a loser if you give up and not try again.
    I recommend the MS Press book. I know, it's boring, but it covers all the concepts.
    If you have enough experience with Windows 7, Poulton's book would be enough. It's shorter and more fun but lacks details.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might also check out some of the 686 exam material. It does complement some of what the 680 covers. Darril's book for 686 helped me out as well as the MS press 686 book.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Keep trying!

This is definitely more likely to do with your material than it is to do with you. Try to use more varied sources for this exam.

Also, checking out this thread, even though it is somewhat old, may be of some assistance to you:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/72955-passed-70-680-analysis-resources-used-advice.html

Good luck!