Exam Pass

northynorthy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Last week I passed the Network+ and I wanted to share some of my experiences that may help others in their studies.

My exam began with 3 simulations and was followed by 80 multiple choice questions. For studying I used the CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Exam Cram and the practice exams that came with it. In order to aid my studies I made a collection of notes as I went along and then typed them up when I was finished the book. I find this kind of repetition helpful for the amount of memorization required on a CompTIA exam.

I wasn't checking techexams daily but I would check back in every few weeks as I found others passing the exam and preparing for it reassuring. I do credit the site for helping me find the resource I needed to begin. I would like to post my own notes, if they're useful to anyone then that is fantastic. I do not guarantee a pass or 100% accuracy, I've been staring at them for a few weeks and by now I'm not sure I would notice anything off. Still, a lot of the information and tables could be beneficial.

http://www.stillalive.ca/adam/CompTIANetworkN10-005StudyNotes.pdf

Regardless, best of luck to everyone. I have to find a new exam to pursue now.

Comments

• flash27flash27 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you and congrats. Currently studying for mine. Will definitely review this once I am done reading all my materials.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! Whats next?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • northynorthy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    webgeek wrote: »
    Nice! Whats next?

This is always the most difficult question for me to answer. I've worked in an IT department for about 7 years now, most of the time it's sysadmin related and while networking is important when it comes up, and I believe the core concepts a requirement for any IT personnel, it's simply not my day to day focus. Database Administration is something that I believe could prove valuable. I've been hardware/network focused most of my life but there is definitely a part of me that wants to experiment with the software side a bit more.

While I work on figuring that out I may also look at Security+ as many here have fond reviews of it. I did try to look up Darril's book on Amazon.ca but it seems to be out of stock.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass and thanks for sharing your notes with others. Looks like a great document with some very useful notes.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the amazon.ca notice saying the book is out of stock. It only means that it isn't in stock at a Canadian Amazon warehouse. It's a print on demand book so when you order it, they'll order it.

Good luck no matter what you decide to do next.
  • northynorthy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass and thanks for sharing your notes with others. Looks like a great document with some very useful notes.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the amazon.ca notice saying the book is out of stock. It only means that it isn't in stock at a Canadian Amazon warehouse. It's a print on demand book so when you order it, they'll order it.

Good luck no matter what you decide to do next.

Thanks I wasn't aware of that, I will pick it up to see if the topic interests me. Even if it doesn't, many jobs are listing it as a requirement. A lot of people are saying it's a one stop resource for passing the exam, so kudos for that.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif