DCICN Down!

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just passed the 911 exam (DCICN) towards the CCNA DC this morning. It was incredibly easy and outdated- which is really surprising for a new exam. That being said, I've got the 916 scheduled for next Friday, and I've heard that one is much more difficult, so we'll see!

Comments

• todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just finished writing the 911 CCNA Data Center study guide, and I'll agree that some of the networking objectives are a big odd, however, the next book I am working on (916 exam) is awesome! I love it!
    For the 911 book, however, I loved writing the Nexus stuff!! :)
    Congratulationson your exam!
    Todd
  • NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations. I would love to hear about your review of your upcoming exam.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats and good luck on the next one! Let us know how it goes. I see more people becoming interested in the DC track.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys! I've been doing a lot of Nexus work for customers in the last year, and the CCNA DC recently became a goal for all of our consultants to obtain- thus the reason I am working on this. I knew with my CCIE lab date I had to either knock out the CCNA DC ASAP, or wait 6+ months to take it, and my work was really pushing for me to do it sooner.

I will say based on the objectives as well as input I've received from coworkers who have already taken 916, it seems 916 is a lot more challenging, yet I find the material much more enjoyable to study. I feel pretty good for 916 right now, but I am going to be reviewing some UCS material this week as that's one of my weak spots.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Grats! Yea, I felt it was really easy as well. Why do you say it's outdated? Care to elaborate?
    Grats! Yea, I felt it was really easy as well. Why do you say it's outdated? Care to elaborate?

Well, one question comes to mind, which I can't restate here per the NDA, but it was regarding some ancient technology (that I have literally never seen professionally in almost 9 years in this field). There was a couple of other little things that caught me..I am pretty sure I saw something on Token Ring..stuff like that. It's one of those things- "technically" they're out there, but there's no room for them on a brand new certification track IMO.
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Well, one question comes to mind, which I can't restate here per the NDA, but it was regarding some ancient technology (that I have literally never seen professionally in almost 9 years in this field). There was a couple of other little things that caught me..I am pretty sure I saw something on Token Ring..stuff like that. It's one of those things- "technically" they're out there, but there's no room for them on a brand new certification track IMO.

Ahhh! I know what you're talking about. I saw that question too! Overall though, wouldn't you say that it is not outdated?

Good luck on your DCICT exam! I am still stuck with storage. I hope to I can take it by the end of next month, if not early May.
    I'm not sure. I have a hard time not calling it outdated because of that one question, but at the same time I also felt it was a lot easier than I expected. I guess they're saving all the fun questions for 916 :) !

For whatever it's worth, I've used my INE AAP to watch the CCIE DC videos (specifically storage as that's my weakest area), and it has been a tremendous help so far. I realize they go far more in depth then what I'll need for the 916, but I tend to pick up little tidbits from those videos and remember them..which ultimately helps.
    Yup, I am using INE CCIE DC Videos as well. I'm using DCUFI material and I'll be using DCUCI material as well when I get to the UCS part of it.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats man!

Looks like you'll be adding CCNA DC to your list soon
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Grats brochacho! Debating on just taking this one and seeing how I do. While my boss gives me full access to our Nexus stuff, I don't mess with it much more than setting up vPCs for my NetApps and port changes however it is more experience than some I guess. I'm hoping a week or so refreshing my chops and I should be good.
    Yeah, for the nexus side- I'd say if you can fire it up, get various features up and running (nothing overly complicated), and know your verification commands you are probably good to go. It's not too bad!
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security