Passed JNCIA Today

NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
I scored 86%, with 90-100% in most sections, but a low score in "JunOS Configuration Basics". I plan to do a bit of review this evening on the nuances of how configuration mode works. I'd rate the test as straightforward.

As far as study, I used the following, without notes or much review--

JNCIA Fast Track Study Guide (2 hours)
JunOS As Second Language (1 hour)
JNCIA CBT Nuggets (6 hours)
Junosphere (3 hours)

My job's been throwing PTX's and MX's at me lately.

Next: Onto CCIE SP? Onto JNCIS-SP + JNCIP-SP? Something MPLS-y! A big choice awaits. :)

Comments

• NutsyNutsy Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go sir!

PTXs? Nice! I miss my MPLSy days and haven't had a chance play with that line of shiny new toys yet. Have fun! :)
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats!!!

I hear CCIE SP calling your name. I will be starting on that track very shortly. I can see a double "IE" in your future (JNCIE-SP as well)
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the dark side :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!