Options

OK, I have my CCNA...Now about that pay increase.

sumalsumal Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any advice on asking an IT manager for a raise? Should I wait until my yearly or mid-year performance review? Or, should I approach my manager immediately?

I am in the middle of typing an email to my manager and I need some advice.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    duncnzduncnz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sumal wrote:
    Does anyone have any advice on asking an IT manager for a raise? Should I wait until my yearly or mid-year performance review? Or, should I approach my manager immediately?

I am in the middle of typing an email to my manager and I need some advice.

Thanks.

My teacher wife, says you should hold out 'till the review. That is when you have to front up and say what you have achieved for the year. Also, it gives you a chance to prove your new worth in the mean time... Having said that, I don't listen to my wife a lot, so why should you?! How confident are you about getting a rise immediately?
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    duncnz wrote:

My teacher wife, says you should hold out 'till the review. That is when you have to front up and say what you have achieved for the year. Also, it gives you a chance to prove your new worth in the mean time... Having said that, I don't listen to my wife a lot, so why should you?! How confident are you about getting a rise immediately?

LOL icon_lol.gif

That's funny!!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    "Always listen to the woman" (White men can't jump...)
    How confident are you about getting a rise immediately?
    That's a good question to ask yourself. But also make sure you don't shoot all your ammo, and save some for the review.
  • Options
    sumalsumal Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, for the advice. I believe I will wait for my performance review. I have accomplished many internal IT projects at work with great success and with the new CCNA Certification I believe I am in for a significant increase.