New CCNA Exams Really Announced just now! Take a look...

13»

Comments

• krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Rodzilla G wrote: »
    So JustFred....if you were to go after the two test route, based on the info you just ascertained...given the limit of time constraints....would you choose the older format or this newer one? I am in limbo about what I want to do.

Rod, you've been asking that for a week or two now it seems. Grab a book and dive in. You seem like you could make some valuable contributions around here and of course learn a lot.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    krjay wrote: »
    Rod, you've been asking that for a week or two now it seems. Grab a book and dive in. You seem like you could make some valuable contributions around here and of course learn a lot.

krjay--I took the CCNA (current exam) test on March 18th and failed for the second time. Deciding to take the two test route now. I have decided to wait two weeks to give my mind a chance to rest/breathe...and then start back up. But the perfect storm of the "new test format" coming out...I think I am entitled to give this some legitimate thought, and thus seek advice. Not taking it personal, just weighing my options.
  • todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's not completely true. The new amount of IPv6 in the CCENT is mind boggling!
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Rodzilla G wrote: »
    krjay--I took the CCNA (current exam) test on March 18th and failed for the second time. Deciding to take the two test route now. I have decided to wait two weeks to give my mind a chance to rest/breathe...and then start back up. But the perfect storm of the "new test format" coming out...I think I am entitled to give this some legitimate thought, and thus seek advice. Not taking it personal, just weighing my options.

I must have been thinking of someone else. I recall someone just finishing up Network+ and being timid to jump into CCENT beacuse of the new test coming out. Anyway, good luck with whichever version you choose.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    krjay wrote: »
    I must have been thinking of someone else. I recall someone just finishing up Network+ and being timid to jump into CCENT beacuse of the new test coming out. Anyway, good luck with whichever version you choose.

No worries! And I see your 2013 goals.......good luck with them as well!!!
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I am curious on where that leaves some of us doing the CCNA: Security for WGU? Does this mean we can take the CCNA: Security exam now without having to do the original CCNA exam?
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ajmatson wrote: »
    I am curious on where that leaves some of us doing the CCNA: Security for WGU? Does this mean we can take the CCNA: Security exam now without having to do the original CCNA exam?

I checked with my mentor on this just to ask and she said that because WGU has the classes still split up, you have to still take both the ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA: Security. They stated they don't necessarily follow the change that Cisco does to the letter. She said they may review it after the current exam is no longer valid though.

I see you are going for the LPIC-1. Did you know they are changing from the MS 70-680 to the CompTIA Linux + for the BSIT - Security? Just a thought in case you didnt know already.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    dcren21 wrote: »
    I checked with my mentor on this just to ask and she said that because WGU has the classes still split up, you have to still take both the ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA: Security. They stated they don't necessarily follow the change that Cisco does to the letter. She said they may review it after the current exam is no longer valid though.

I see you are going for the LPIC-1. Did you know they are changing from the MS 70-680 to the CompTIA Linux + for the BSIT - Security? Just a thought in case you didnt know already.

Yea, I start my ICND2 and CCNA: Security in July - December which the old exam will be cut off icon_sad.gif So not sure what will happen. I was not aware of the LPIC-1 change. Hmmm may have to talk to my mentor about that :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1