Please Recommend CISSP book

NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

This question may have been asked many times, Please recommend me CISSP book. or these 2 books are enough for CISSP exam preparation this year.

I have Shon Harris CISSP All in one sixth edition and 5th edition and also Syngress CISSP study guide written by Eric Conrad (2010) edition.

Is the CISSP course have charged since these 2 books written?

Thanks Everyone for their time and advice

Comments

• broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stick to the one by Conrad. I think that should be good enough and no the material hasn't really changed.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for Eric Conrad 2nd edition
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Another vote for Conrad as primary. I'm reading the Conrad book right now as primary. I also have the Shon Harris AIO and I have the ISC2 CISSP Candidate Information Bulletin printed out, and since the AIO is so full of information, and more detailed than Conrad from what I've read, Ill go through the bulletin point by point and read the information in the AIO. That way I can skip through the fluff.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Absolutely Shon Harris for detailed explanation about the topics. Also the Conrad book is well written for those people with the Security experience required.
  • dijital1dijital1 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I did the CISSP, I used the AIO book. It's rather big but has everything that you need.
  • raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was a Shon Harris fan for years but I recently have been using the James Michael Stewart book as well from Cybex for reference. Either way, you can't go wrong with the Shon Harris CISSP book.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another '+' for James Michael Stewart book from Cybex. Good content. I used it during my first attempt. Will surely visit the content again!
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for their input, should i start with Shon Harris All in one CISSP sixth edition or fifth edition?
    I will read Conrad book later on and raybfree i will also check James Michael Stewart book too.
  • dijital1dijital1 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get the sixth edition; the newest one. The 5th edition has no advantages over the 6th. There is a lot of overlap between the editions because the core concepts do not change.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Both books are quite similar. I own both versions and the changes are minimal.

Somehow I found the 5th edition easier to read than the 6th.
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go for Shon Harris AIO 6th edition .
  • airbenairben Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use the Conrad book as primary, and Shon Harris AIO 6th as secondary/backup.
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    I had the 5th Shon Harris AIO for a book resource and passed. You'll find the common thread in "I passed!" is having multiple resources. Pick a book, and hit both of their quizzers hard. Doubt you could go wrong either way.