Options

Just Passed CCNA with 907

ChicagoTCChicagoTC Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed CCNA on my first try. About 2 months of solid studying went into this. I used ExamCrams and Sybex CCNA books. As well as my home lab which consisted of 2 2501s, 1 2611, and a 1924.

Now the question is twofold. I want to strike while the iron is hot so I'm going to move onto CCNP tests.

What do you feel is the best first test moving right from CCNA. I'm thinking BSCI or BCMSN.

Secondly, I have a 2950 I'm going to add to the lab and just ordered a 2520 to use as a frame relay switch. Anything else short of an ISDN simulator you think would be a good edition?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    vasquezwilmervasquezwilmer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ChicagoTC wrote:
    I just passed CCNA on my first try. About 2 months of solid studying went into this. I used ExamCrams and Sybex CCNA books. As well as my home lab which consisted of 2 2501s, 1 2611, and a 1924.

Now the question is twofold. I want to strike while the iron is hot so I'm going to move onto CCNP tests.

What do you feel is the best first test moving right from CCNA. I'm thinking BSCI or BCMSN.

Secondly, I have a 2950 I'm going to add to the lab and just ordered a 2520 to use as a frame relay switch. Anything else short of an ISDN simulator you think would be a good edition?

Thanks in advance!

Hi !!! Congratulation Mrs. CCNA. I would like to know what you thinking about to prepare using INTRO and ICND Books? Both works as well as your material? When I can find yours? Thks
  • Options
    scyscy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm :D for u, i also want to take it try and help me a similar thing pls.
    scy@sino.net iis e-mail address.
    thankx.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done

My advice take a short break then go straight into BSCI (if routing is your forte') or BCMSN (if switching is you forte')

For Bsci you seem to have a good collection, sometimes more is better when your setting up a full redtribution lab etc.

For Bcmsn to cover the whole exam the ideal thing is 1x3550 and 2x2950's! but the 3550's are $$$'s so personally for the multilayer switching and multicast stuff I would rent or use a sim.

2520's are good for the frame, ISDN sim isnt really required I bought one and its only one small part of BCRAN so again its up to you, the Remote mode focuses a lot or modern technologies such as variations of DSL.

All the best for your CCNP
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ and GOOD LUCK with CCNP
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ChicagoTC wrote:
    I'm thinking BSCI or BCMSN.
    Congratulations! :D

BSCI, BCMSN, BCRAN, and CIT is the "logical sequence" -- but as long as you take CIT last you'll be fine. I did BCRAN, BSCI, BCMSN and then CIT.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!