ITIL Worth It

2»

Comments

• ayanroyayanroy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel that ITIL concepts are very much useful for IT Services company
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITSuperman wrote: »
    I too find this thread very informative. I've had the ITIL itch for a while but, recently, I've wanted to move out of systems administration and into management and have discovered that most IT management positions require you to at least have an ITIL certification (among other things). So time to buckle down

Agreed very much so. A lot of it depends on what you do, and where your going. I am in the same boat as you Superman. I am systems administrator turned, IT supervisor... moving along the track of management now to IT Manager. So when I got mine Foundation cert, my manager was jealous, she didn't have hers as she has been in management for awhile and saw great value in it. Also too, when I got mine, I went back to work, and quickley got pulled in by the Vice President to help implement some of what I have learned(and currently still learning and implementing it in our department). So again, it depends where you are at, and going. If your going to stay a tech, then I doubt your going to be look at as, "oh you have this, great." Unless they feel they can use your knowledge in a management or bigger picture role. So yes, very valuable.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • ITSupermanITSuperman Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed my ITIL Foundation certification today. Thanks to everyone in this thread for the insight.
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITSuperman wrote: »
    Just passed my ITIL Foundation certification today. Thanks to everyone in this thread for the insight.

Congrats Superman! Going for the Intermediate next? I'm going to take Claire up on the training at ITIL® Training Online | Experts in Online ITIL Training Courses.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • ITSupermanITSuperman Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not quite. I have also been on the road to MSCE: Private Cloud. Had a setback but I figure it's time to get back on the horse. I'll probably swing back to Intermediate after that. I'll definitely keep that link and this thread in mind. Thanks again.
  • flash27flash27 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What is the process of acquiring an ITIL cert?
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi flash

Take a look around the other threads on the forum and you'll find lots of information. You can also view information about the ITIL qualification scheme at the official site. http://www.itil-officialsite.com/ITILQualificationScheme.aspx

Then, if you've got any questions please feel free to ask.

If you'd like an introduction to ITIL then take a look at Free Online ITIL Training Videos and PDF Guide.

Claire