Ready or not?

datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
It's been a few months since I scored a 681, been studying off and on in between a two month long home search & 4 week moving ordeal and a busy work schedule. Scoring pretty well on cccure and transender, however, with my second attempt scheduled for this Friday...I just get this feeling, I'm not ready. Is it just me or does everyone get exam jitters? Didn't have any jitters on my first attempt and normally don't get them at all, but I've also never not passed a cert on the first attempt -- until the cissp that is.

It's really making me consider pushing the exam back 2 weeks, but on the other hand I just want to get it behind me and move on to my next cert. Anyone have any words of wisdom or thoughts on moving the exam...thanks!

Comments

• wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Review your notes and the cccure.org study guide, take at least one, if not two, 250 question tests a day in learning mode to make sure you understand why answers are right or wrong, and work on your test strategy - breaks, how to do multiple choice, etc. The SANS webcast is great for that.

Good luck!
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are not the only one.
    As suggested by wes please do review the study guide.
    All the best.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    We all had that feeling when we walk into the CISSP exam. If you studied hard it will definitely pay off at the end of the day when you pick up the examination results.
  • datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wes allen wrote: »
    Review your notes and the cccure.org study guide

Wes - Which study guide, there is more than a few on there? I have already watched the SANS webcast a few times, good resource.
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't think I can direct link it, it requires a separate account on cccure.org from the tests, but it is a pdf called CISSP Summary V1.1. There are some other good short summery guides as well for the domains, but they felt a little dated / stale to me.
  • Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dat,

Well you have to ask yourself one ultimate question, Have you put in the time? you stated yourself you were studying off and on (What does that mean.. every couple of days, once a week....etc..) this exam requires steadfast dedication to studying (As in daily, scheduled ritual type studying habit hours on end)... between off and on studying and your move perhaps your not ready maybe you are......

You also stated its been a few months since you scored the 681 (its always recommended to take the exam soon as possible like 30 days), 681 is about 5/6 questions away from passing so you are close, but not sure if the delay in months has or will make a difference on the exam.

Look at it from this persepctive what if you delay it a month and put in a daily regiment of studying would that make you feel more prepared? if that answer is no then take it, if not delay it.
    Datschmo,

How did you do? let us know buddy.
  • datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jake007 wrote: »
    Datschmo,

How did you do? let us know buddy.

I rescheduled it for April 2...wanted another solid week to re-read Conrad's 2nd Edition and go all out on the cccure & transender practice exams. Downloaded Shon's .mp3's yesterday, will listen at work between calls/meetings and during the daily commute.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    datschmo wrote: »
    I rescheduled it for April 2...wanted another solid week to re-read Conrad's 2nd Edition and go all out on the cccure & transender practice exams. Downloaded Shon's .mp3's yesterday, will listen at work between calls/meetings and during the daily commute.

Good luck on April 2nd!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
    Keep us posted, we want to see a "I PASSED" for your April 2nd Post.....
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Stick with it daily.