ICND 2 - Passed!

jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
After passing my ICND 1 test back in November I wasted no time in preparing for ICND 2 test. I literally started studying for it the day that I passed ICND 1. My wife thought I should take a break but I wanted everything fresh in my mind going into ICND 2. I went in yesterday to sit the test for the first time but was really confident I would do fine. Once I got into the test my nerves started to come over me a little so I had to pause get my mind straight and continue on. At end of test the print out said PASS (trying to remember my score, don't have the paper with me I believe it was a 902). I felt a ton of bricks fall off my shoulder and went home to celebrate with my wife and daughter. Thanks to all of you who have helped me with all my questions, and also over on the CCNA Study Group on Learning Network.

After I passed my CCENT back in November my work allowed me to shadow and work a long side the network team more and I believe this was a great opportunity and one that really help me drive in all the stuff I've been studying. I encourage others to check with their bosses to see if they would allow you to shadow a network engineer.

For the curious here are the tools I used to study with:

ICND 2 - Wendell Odom, I used this book mostly and used Todd Lammles CCNA book as a supplement to things I could not understand in Wendells book.

Chris Bryant CCNA on Udemy - For $40 this video series is super valuable and affordable. Plus he updates them all the time and answers any questions you may have. I've already purchased his Security series and waiting for his Voice series to be released.

Boson ICND 2 Ex-Sim, and Netsim - The practice test are way way harder then the actual test but it will force you to learn and understand the material. I used the Netsim when I did not have access to my real Cisco equipment. I also used this site from time to time Free Cisco Catalyst Switch Lab for labbing.

Exam Cram CCNA - The questions not as hard as Ex-Sim but still good to dig out those weak areas with different questions from Ex-Sim. The Cram sheet in front of the book was super valuable to read over before going in for the test.

Free Practice Exam - On FreeCCNAworkbook.com, yet another practice test I used.

LAB LAB LAB LAB and LAB some more. I had so much fun with ICND 2 over ICND 1 because I got to lab a lot more with my real equipment. I used FreeCCNAworkbook.com a lot.

Best of luck to everyone in their Cisco adventure! i'm moving on to Voice now. icon_study.gif

Comments

• krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Congrats. I hope to be in the same boat as you soon
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • TritiumTritium Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very Nice! Congrats!
    2014 Cert Goals:
    ICND1 [X]
    Done!
    ICND2 [ ] Workin on it
    My CCNA Lab...A work in Progress
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    I was looking into Chris Bryant but it seemed sketchy but you really enjoyed them?
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    Yes Chris Bryant is a great guy and nothing sketchy about him or his product. Well worth the $40 on udemy.com
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif ... great work!
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I'm glad you nailed it :)
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. :)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I too used most of the same materials as you. I really did like the Chris Bryant materials also.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1