Options

Passed SWITCH on Sunday -- now on to TSHOOT

jason_miller13jason_miller13 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed SWITCH on Sunday!! 945/1000

Study Materials Used:
  • SWITCH OCG & FLG <~ I like how they each give in-depth details about different aspects of the technology
  • Cisco Student Lab Manual
  • CBT Nuggets SWITCH <~ Jeremy's enthusiasm is contagious
  • My home switch lab (2x 3750, 2x 3550) (check out my blog for how to set up your own www.mill7r.com)
  • My ANKI flashcards (https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/347088350) if you haven't used ANKI (its free) you should check it out and read about spaced-repetition learning.
  • Various labs found on GNSvault
Now on to tackle TSHOOT for the CCNP!

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. Which cisco press book did you like more? Both have pretty bad reviews on amazon so I just went with the OCG one. I am kinda shocked at the size of it. I expected it to be a lot longer like the FLG Route book (currently studying for route).
  • Options
    They both are way smaller than the ROUTE books!!! I tend to lean towards the OCG more than the FLG due to the writing style but think that because they go about explaining things in such completely different ways that they both deserve a read.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Okay thanks. Ill probably end up getting both since they are as you said both so short
  • Options
    union122union122 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads.. and thanks for the tips
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats and good luck on the TSHOOT. Just wondering, which one did you find easier - ROUTE or SWITCH? I know many things have to be put into the equation but still, I had to ask :D
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    I found ROUTE to be easier, it has only 5 or 6 main categories and is easier to break them up and study one at a time. Also with GNS3 I could study anywhere anytime and quickly resume where I left off with the added benefit of people making more labs that I could just open up preset for GNS3.

I had my home lab for switch and could access it remotely but was a little harder on labbing because there isn't as many pre-made labs and some many different technologies.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats on the pass!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    Congrats on the pass and thanks! for the tips!