Options

MCSE Boot camp

RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
Looks like I'm lucky enough to be able to go to a MCSE boot camp within the next few days. I'm taking a course through CED Solutions that'll have me completely finished with the Microsoft exams and add Security+ in 16 days. Expensive, yes but it's really hard to work all day in computers and this stuff and go home and study when your family is there. Not to mention having ADHD makes it a lot harder to stay focused. At least during these 16 days I'll have one thing to concentrate on and I think that'll help me. I already have 270 done but I'll still have to sit through those classes; like it's going to bother me!

I've heard some people say that these courses are the easy way out but I thought it was pretty cool.

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    If your still doing the exams yourself, not using braindumps i cant see it being the easy way out.

Infact cramming it all together like that must be kinda hard.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bootcamps are not bad per say..

i have looked into them for the same reason.. no time at home to study
    ( however that has changed b/c now i get up 2 hours earlier than i need to study)

i would still encourage that you read as much of the material as possible before going as when you get there it will be a reread and really learn the skills instead of just passing a test icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    I've been studying for some time and they also require you to study for 2-3 hours a day three weeks out before the course actually starts so that helps.

As for the braindumping, I don't even know what that is so I couldn't tell you. If it's cheating or something along those lines I don't do that sort of thing.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Your brain is a sponge and can only hold so much... You may luck out and pass all the exams, but I doubt you will retain the knowledge for future use.
    But whatever works for you. Good luck, lets us know how it goes.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    Trailerisf wrote:
    Your brain is a sponge and can only hold so much... You may luck out and pass all the exams, but I doubt you will retain the knowledge for future use.
    I don't think that's going to be a problem. I've been working with this stuff for a long time. Just never bothered with the certifications. There for a long time Microsoft certs were a joke.