About to register to take the RHCSA exam...send me any helpful info..PM also good

uberwebguruuberwebguru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yes i am about to register for the RHCSA exam to take this month ending..please send me any info or ideas here or PM
I think i am ready to destroy the crap out of the exam..lol

Then right after i will go after the RHCE #can't wait

Comments

• AceRimmerAceRimmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Three words: practice ... practice ... practice
    Check exam objectives, build your home lab and practice.
  • uberwebguruuberwebguru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AceRimmer wrote: »
    Three words: practice ... practice ... practice
    Check exam objectives, build your home lab and practice.

Well that is exactly what i am doing.

One thing though...i notice Centos is the only OS having problems with mouse when switching from VM to VM and i just don't see anyone else talking about this. Other OS rhel, ubuntu and others easy to switch back and forth without mouse issue but centOS is the king of mouse problems

Why is centos not going to fix this thing? And why no one talking about this annoying thing? It is hindering me from practicing well enough..it justs takes away the drive to practice at times when i know i have to deal with the mouse issue every single time
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry if I have to be frank with you, but you are whining over little thing that isn't relevant to the objective of the exam. If you are talking about the mouse integration issue when using VirtualBox, then you can try googling around for a solution. However, if you want to be a real Linux admin someday, then I'd expect you to have a lot of patience for something that doesn't work the way you like it to. The mouse integration was made for our convenience, but you can simply press the Host key to escape the guest VM windows. Like AceRimmer said, it takes a lot of practice. :D

And... if you really want to know what the issues were, it's probably because of the missing required packages to get the guest additions installation to work properly such as gcc compiler and so forth. Like I said, you can google up for more straightforward answers.
    First of all that thing is not a small thing...because as i can see your field is network admin and not system admin...the mouse problem simply means that the mouse just misbehaves and it doesnt do this temporaririly..it does this all the freaking time when you move from VM to VM...and as i said again...it is not only a problem with virtualbox...it is the same problem every virtualization you use...KVM or anyone else.

Now also you mentioned its a package missing...well and well...i think Centos should be smart to include that by default if they have some respect for their users, opensource or not....and also..again...everything being the same...how come other OS and including RHEL do not have this problem? I guess Centos is just like a cry baby OS then? that needs more baby food to act well?
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is "normal" behavior. Once guest is installed use ssh to connect to it. You can also use X11 forwarding to run X applications from the guest.
    This is "normal" behavior. Once guest is installed use ssh to connect to it. You can also use X11 forwarding to run X applications from the guest.

normal behavior?

And other OS aren't like that? What is "normal"?

if abnormal behavior is for centos to act like other OS that don't have this problem...then i guess they are better off being abnormal
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    I am using CentOS for the RHCE but have not noticed anything abnormal, the mouse is behaving as expected.
    it is acting the same as RHEL does on my computer / at work.
    are you sure this isn't something that is happening specifically to you ?
    log32 wrote: »
    I am using CentOS for the RHCE but have not noticed anything abnormal, the mouse is behaving as expected.
    it is acting the same as RHEL does on my computer / at work.
    are you sure this isn't something that is happening specifically to you ?

What virtualization software are you using? i am using both KVM and virtualbox on different host systems and i notice the same rubish with centOS when switching from vm to vm. The mouse misbehaves when i switch back to centOS but other OS are all good, RHEL, ubuntu all behave well except centos

you can search everyone knows about this problem so its not just me...apparently i was able to resolve this by following this guide https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=4960
    Well, I am using VMware workstation 9.0 over Win7.
    good to know you found your solution, now you can concentrate on the RHCSA icon_smile.gif
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Good luck everyone icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    log32 wrote: »
    Well, I am using VMware workstation 9.0 over Win7.
    good to know you found your solution, now you can concentrate on the RHCSA icon_smile.gif
    Just a quick question for you - did you use a nested vm to practice the kvm skills?
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
    I had a spare PC at some point where I installed RHEL6 and tried the virt manager for abit, then I got tired of it and found it pointless so I got rid of it and used vmware workstation 9 and installed RHEL there without practicing too much on kvm.
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    log32​, thanks for the info and congrats on passing the RHCE!
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm