Options

CCNP OSPF Question

hitmenhitmen Banned Posts: 133
Can anyone help me to answer this question?

CCNP - Consider LSA type 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 only, for the following OSPF area type, what kind of LAS is possible? (1) stub; (2) totally stub; (3) nssa; (4) totally nssa.

I am confused with which is the DR, BDR and ABR if there are less than 3 routers in an area. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You wouldn't learn much if we just answered your homework/study questions. If you took a good stab at these and provided your best guesses based on your reading and the rationale behind them, we'd be more willing to help.
    I am confused with which is the DR, BDR and ABR if there are less than 3 routers in an area.
    I will offer you a hint. The terms DR/BDR have nothing to do with areas. All of the routers in an area could, hypothetically, be DRs on at least some interface. Alternatively, there could be zero DRs/BDRs in an area.
  • Options
    xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    What helped me was sitting down; drawing out the area types; research which LSA packets can be found in each; remember it....

For whatever reason the OSPF area types and LSA were something I had to see visually.

I agree with NetworkVeteran DR / BDR have nothing to do with areas.