Passed!

p3te844p3te844 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Security+ yesterday with 808. I'm glad its over.

Used Gibson book, app for iPhone and audio files when driving and another free study guides or practice questions on the internet.
I think I gave Darril enough money lol. But the book is great its definitely the bible for the Security+ exam.

The wording on the exam sucks! I'll tell you right now when I was reading the questions I felt like no matter what I selected for my answer it was going to be wrong. Then again some questions were so easy, one word in the question I knew the answer without even looking at the choices.

91 questions, 90 minutes to take. I finished with like 15 minutes left. 15 question survey at the end and hit end and wait for the longest 5 seconds of your life lol to see if you passed or not. I was shaking when I hit end then I saw CONGRADULATIONS You passed 808! What a weight off my shoulders. Good luck to anybody taking it, read Darills book, practice questions and read read read until your head hurts lol.

I feel this is a great cert to have given the fact that Security will ALWAYS be around in the technology world.

Comments

• Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. whats next? I took it first time and got a 695. I am reading Darrils book and watching Professor Messer videos. Hope to set the date in 2-3 weeks. After that its on to Server+. Then that completes the CompTIA four-some.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • HushLivesHushLives Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Trust me I know the feeling of being nervous. That survey is the longest survey in your life, because all you want to know is if you passed or not. I really did not enjoy the practical questions. They need to figure out how to format them better, the language of the question and the interface is clunky and not very user friendly to me.
  • Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! what was the name of the iphone app you used and the audio files? I could use all the help, dont want to fail it again.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • p3te844p3te844 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    iPhone app and audio files were from Darill Gibson. Check out his get certified get ahead site
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass p3te844. Great post. I wholeheartedly agree that security is here to stay in the technology world and more and more companies value employees with IT security knowledge. Good luck on your next adventure.

@Macpro76. Good luck on your retake. Feel free to post questions on any topics that aren't clear to you.
  • chavezdm1285chavezdm1285 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I checked out Mr. Gibson's site and picked up his book and audio files.. Thank you all for the great information and congratulations on passing.
    Welcome to the forums chavezdm1285. Good luck with your studies and feel free to post any questions you might have on the forums.
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • galorybergaloryber Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed today with an 808 and completely agree. I hated the wording on the questions. I was completely nailing the practice exams but during the real exam i felt like i was reading a poor translation of the question.

I also used Darril's book, with as much professor messer as I could sneak in before the exam voucher expired. I can definitely say that Darril's book alone is enough to understand and pass the exam.

Congrats on the pass!
    Congratulations on the pass, galoryber. Good luck on your next adventure.
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    I passed today with the EXACT same score - 808.
    Might post my experience over the weekend when I get more time. Good stuff!
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • dr.whodr.who Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cool.gif Awesome!

Off/on topic, are the questions worded so you could get confused or are they laid out fairly straight forward? I ask because I am looking at taking several certifications and the Security+ is one of the first. I know the material I just am psyching myself out about the test.
    Yes.

Yes, some are worded so that you can get confused. A way to answer these is through elimination. For example, "Which of the following is the highest number?" One, Red, Green, Blue. Even though one is not a high number, as long as you know that red, green, and blue are colors and not numbers, you can answer it correctly.

Yes. Some are laid out fairly straight forward. If you know the content, they are as simple as answering the question "What is 5 + 5?"

Careful though. More than a few people have taken this exam for granted thinking the content is easy and failed it the first time they took it.

Good luck.