Passed Server+

mjohnson2mjohnson2 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Server+ today 847/900. This is my first CompTIA cert. Its really not hard just that they had a few strange questions on there. Make sure you know RAIDs, commands and backups. Seemed to have a lot on there about that. Here is a list of books I used.

The Concise Server+ Study Guide by Jonathan Lau (This is really good for $10)

LearnSmart CompTIA Server+ (Keep you eye out and can get this for $1 also really good)

Sybex Study Guide Second Edition (This is older but is more in depth)

Also read over any Server+ notes I could find.

Now got to figure out what next to take. Really like servers and thinking about doing the Storage+ but not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I would like to take this cert, thanks for putting up your materials
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the cert. I took A+ and Network+ in january back to back. That fun. Server and Security are the two I have yet to take. I am using CBT nuggets for each and books. Its hard to find material (books) that really assures me that what I am reading is being covered. With the exams so high ($), i just dont want to fail. that would suck,
    I also went for the Healthcare IT, Green IT. they were fairly easy. Read the books in one day, then took the exam. The Healthcare IT would greatly recommend IF you are aiming to work in that field.
    good luck.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've been debating about this one.....
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • mjohnson2mjohnson2 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found the Server+ voucher on ebay cheap for under $200. But been studying it for about 4-5 months waiting to find a deal. After all like many people I have a family and my work doesn't pay for any of this. I've really thought about doing the Healthcare cert next. But I also want to get certs that will go to WGU as I hope to next year start there.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63