Options

Too soon to endorse?

RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was officially "christened" with my CISSP cert a couple of weeks ago by ISC2. I have a friend that passed the CISSP test on Friday but has no one to endorse her. Is it too soon for me to endorse someone?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    You may endorse someone the day you get that e-mail saying you're a CISSP so go ahead and endorse :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Endorse away!
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    You may endorse someone the day you get that e-mail saying you're a CISSP so go ahead and endorse :)

Couldn't have said that better!
  • Options
    ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey .. You can endorse.
  • Options
    RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the quick response.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    I would say that you can endorse as soon as you are registered in the (ISC)2's database as a "member in good standing." I don't when that actually happens in relation to the congratz email being sent. It might depend on who's on vacation in the (ISC)2's office that week, or how over-worked the department secretary is. ;)

Also realize that you can cross-endorse (ISC)2 certifications. For example, someone with only an SSCP could endorse another candidate for the CISSP and vice versa.