First time posting in the CISSP

tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been reading the posts and they are very helpful in my studies for the my cissp.

I started to study in December and now it is almost 5 months, I have read shon harris aio page by page then watched the nuggets videos.

I started taking the cccc practice exams 50 questions at a time in each domain and now I'm getting mid 80s and 90s.

I also got the 300 questions samples from ISC2, the first 100 questions I took I got a 56 and you are suppose to get at least 65 to pass.
The next day I took it again and I got a 100, two days later I took it again and I got a 100. I

I'm at a point where I'm doubting myself, not sure if I know the answers because I remember the answer or I know the concepts,. anyone
else felt this way? I also feel like I'm burned out, and I may have forgotten the other domains by now but a friend of mine said it is all in my head and when I sit the exam end of this month I should do fine.

I guess I wanted to know if everyone else felt like this before the exam ?

Comments

• CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
    I had similar feelings of doubt, but found that my scores of mid-80s across all test engines (stuISCope, Shon Harris, CCCure) was enough to land me pass on the exam this past Saturday.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    I was averaging in the high 80s with the CCCure questions and sometimes 90s when I took the CISSP and passed it without any issues.

Hope that helps.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That makes me feel better. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback.

The practice tests you guys took was it on all domains with 250 questions or fewer questions?

Today I took the other 100 ISC2 questions and I got 72 needed 65 to pass.

Would you guys recommened the Transcender practive exam or the ISC2? The ISC2 seems to be easy and from what I heard they are the retired questions from the actual exam but I'm starting to doubt they are. I'm thinking getting the Transcender exams now.

Any advise would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif
    Congrats on passing !
    CISPhD wrote: »
    I had similar feelings of doubt, but found that my scores of mid-80s across all test engines (stuISCope, Shon Harris, CCCure) was enough to land me pass on the exam this past Saturday.
    That does help alot.

Humbe wrote: »
    I was averaging in the high 80s with the CCCure questions and sometimes 90s when I took the CISSP and passed it without any issues.

Hope that helps.
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Five months is a good period. If you have read Shon Harris page by page , I think you are ready for final plunge.
    All the best.
    I read it but now I just don't want to even look at it. I think she overdid it with that book.