Passed ICND2 today!!!!

dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
TE,

I passed ICND2 today with a 944/1000. Thanks to all of TE for the advice, members and just general tips. I passed the CCENT on 2/18/13 and kept it going to pass part 2. Even though this is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm looking forward to continuing my studies.
WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1

Comments

• SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Congrats!!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • mikesprangermikespranger Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!

month and a half is pretty quick - how much time per day did you study?
    also, did you feel like you were rushed?
    i'm looking at a similar timeline and am worried i'm being dumb
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the an excellent score and pass.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!

month and a half is pretty quick - how much time per day did you study?
    also, did you feel like you were rushed?
    i'm looking at a similar timeline and am worried i'm being dumb

What happened is that I was ready for ICND1 in January, but due to unforseen circumstances I had to push the test back to February. Rather than keep rehashing the ICND1 I started studying for ICND2. So I just made sure that I reviewed the old material as I worked on the new material. The 31 Days to Your CCNA book really helped me keep everything in perspective. Also I practiced on the Boson tests and I felt those were actually harder than the real test. For straight to the point information I used the Chris Bryant Ultimate study guide and I loved that, but my main study material were the OCG's by Wendell Odom.

I put in anywhere from 2 to 4 hours per day as far as studying. When I felt my brain wasn't grasping the new material I just reviewed some of the old material. That kept me from moving too fast and getting burnt out. You will do fine though as long as you have your theory down. I didn't study to pass the test, I studied to really know the material. So even on the test, if I wasn't completely sure of the right answer, I was able to eliminate the wrong ones because I had the theory down.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
    nice. i had a mish mash of study materials and ended up getting STP and VLAN's down cold while studying for my ICND1. was pleasently surprised to see them in my first module of ICND2

any particular areas or subjects you were surprised to see so much of on the ICND2?
    I've heard ipv6 is bigger now than it was previously
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome score! icon_thumright.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
    nice. i had a mish mash of study materials and ended up getting STP and VLAN's down cold while studying for my ICND1. was pleasently surprised to see them in my first module of ICND2

any particular areas or subjects you were surprised to see so much of on the ICND2?
    I've heard ipv6 is bigger now than it was previously

Honestly you just really need to know how to read show commands. They definitely adhere to the section breakdowns for the test, but really know how to read your outputs. I can't say it enough. Have subnetting down cold!!!! Trying not to break NDA on this. Sorry I couldnt offer more.
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
    And 944 is a very good score. :)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
    thank you very much - so same advice for ICND1. not surprised.
    appreciate the advice
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great score, glad that you added what you use for us Cisco noobs.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
    bub9001 wrote: »
    Great score, glad that you added what you use for us Cisco noobs.

No problem. I'm just happy to be able to make some type of contribution back to this forum. I have been helped countless times by other peoples experiences so I'm trying to add in whenever I can.