CCIE 2013 candidates

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sett wrote: »
    Mine is scheduled for the end of January. Wanted to pass it in 2012, but oh, well...

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    I have not been posting much, but been hammering away. (sidetracked with voice for s bit) i should be sitting lab by Oct this year.

cya

:)
  • rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    I'd like to know if anyone on this 2013 list is pursuing CCIE Voice?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think pitviper is close to taking his Voice lab.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I have already committed to doing the CCDA and CCDP for work. I will start studying for the R&S written after that. Hopefully I will take it before the end of the year.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    Thanks @Essendon, I'll checkup on Pitviper. I've got my last CCNP Voice exam scheduled for next Wednesday and I plan on diving into CCIE Voice full time right after.
  • tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    April 29th for me - R&S that is.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tigerplug wrote: »
    April 29th for me - R&S that is.
    Welcome, mysterious stranger.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been scarce for a while but lurking. Sad to hear Turgon and Forsaken aren't around anymore. They were fantastic regular contributors when I was slogging through my CCNP last year.

I'm planning to do the R&S written this summer. Started a new job late last year and have had to play catch up on the security side of the house but things are settling down now and I'm starting to think about CCIE planning again.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
    Copying this from the GroupStudy ML. Some good advice about TS in the lab.
    Tony I also dug up my notes from CiscoLIve for the TSHOOT section and here
    is what Bruno said:

In the troubleshooting section
    - Do NOT remove any feature preconfigured
    - Instead RESOLVE the misconfiguration

Examples: ACL, PBR, CoPP, MQC, etc

The MOST common reason to fail TSHOOT is removing configurations!!

Don't disable the feature, fix it!

HSRP, ACL, CoPP, etc!

Don't disable any functionality - FIX IT

Don't create new CLASS MAP's in tshoot, just find, identify and resolve
    issue with existing configuration.

could be "match any" vs "match all" in the class map

Something we can do as a temporary step is to remove the feature, see if
    that fixes the issue, put it back, and then resolve the issue

TSHOOT = Identify and Correct
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I can give a +1 to many of those. Do NOT remove any configuration. You are allowed to change/fix the problem but unless it specifically says you can remove something, it must stay in.

show run | inc access|class-|policy-|control|route-| is your friend.

Do not overlook the obvious... Is my ip/subnet correct? Am in in the right vlan? is routing enabled? Is multicast routing enabled? Is ip cef enabled? Did I use the right type of forwarding protocol? Do I have the necessary interface configuration enabled? (can't elaborate on this without breaking NDA)

The shoot segment was a lot of fun, but very fast paced! DO NOT lost track of time
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • vertexvertex Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    I can give a +1 to many of those. Do NOT remove any configuration. You are allowed to change/fix the problem but unless it specifically says you can remove something, it must stay in.

show run | inc access|class-|policy-|control|route-| is your friend.

Do not overlook the obvious... Is my ip/subnet correct? Am in in the right vlan? is routing enabled? Is multicast routing enabled? Is ip cef enabled? Did I use the right type of forwarding protocol? Do I have the necessary interface configuration enabled? (can't elaborate on this without breaking NDA)

The shoot segment was a lot of fun, but very fast paced! DO NOT lost track of time

yah. the tshoot is brutal and feels like you have a gun to your head for that two hours.

After tshoot I went and walked around for ten minutes to let some of the adrenaline wear off.

I am going for CCIE #2 this year, SP TRACK!
    4 months after originally promised, INE finally releases their 3rd TS graded lab. Price lowered to 30 tokens.
    CCIE R&S Graded Troubleshooting Labs Update
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I think I'll start tackling these by the summer time. I don't want to take them too early on as much as I would like to take a stab at them right now lol.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4 months after originally promised, INE finally releases their 3rd TS graded lab. Price lowered to 30 tokens.
    CCIE R&S Graded Troubleshooting Labs Update

Excellent.
    Were you waiting for this before the attempting CCIE lab?
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Was re-reading this thread and it's interesting how many of us are in the same place from a professional standpoint. I landed a Lead Network Engineer role last year after passing the CCNP and the next jump for me is to Architect so I'm pretty happy. It's good to see there are multiple engineers on the board that have worked hard and risen to the top.

At this point the CCIE won't have a major impact on my salary and role, it's the fulfillment of a life long goal that I had when I jumped into IT in the boom of the late 90's.

I've enjoyed reading the threads of those who are in the trenches right now...keep it up!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    vertex wrote: »
    yah. the tshoot is brutal and feels like you have a gun to your head for that two hours.

And they try to trick you up with some of the faults the injects. Faults that you probably never see in the real world.

You are able to remove any faults in the configuration section, but for TS you must work around the fault as mentioned above.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Am still considering the IE after NP:Sec...
  • unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm going to be booking mine for August/Sept timeframe. Whether I pass or not is a different story icon_smile.gif
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • mhonskymhonsky Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to take my first attempt 3rd quarter or 4th quarter utmost.. good luck to all of us chasing the number this year icon_smile.gif
    Reading Hrs for Lab:60
    Lab Hrs: 200

Goal 2013: CCIE R&S ( ) | ITILv3 Foundation ( )
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Im going attempt again in 6 months. Im still studying everyday for 3-4hrs and 8hrs on the weekend.
    Im not looking for another job until I passed the CCIE.

How's it going?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    I can't edit the first post, but I'll keep a list of 2013 passes. :)

thadizzy: Wireless
    rakem: R&S
    down77: R&S
    Zartanasaurus: R&S

Let's go James!
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is a record year for TE CCIE passes I think! Awesome.
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    I just passed my R&S written today - hopefully I can join that list by the end of the year!
    I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but here is the complete breakdown of graded mock labs I took in the approximate order I took them. Might be helpful to anyone trying to figure out of they are "ready".

INE ML1
    21/21
    61/79

INE TS1
    9/21 icon_sad.gif

INE ML2
    21/21
    64/79

CIERS1-TC-LAB02
    This was the lab taken at Narbik's bootcamp. Not really taken during real lab conditions. You're timed, but the TS is done at one point during the day and the config is done later on. Much later on. You start at about 10pm and have until 4am to finish. I was a little tired and the CIERS1 config labs are like an INE 5/6 mock lab. I just cherry-picked the easy tasks and didn't put too much time into anything that required thought. Plus sitting on a 13" laptop trying to do a config lab is less than ideal. The TS lab is a legit IOU lab with 30+ devices. It's easier than the real thing, but if it's your first time on the full size TS lab, it's going to be rough. I was actually trying on that one. icon_sad.gif

14/22
    60/75

INE ML3
    19/21
    66/79

INE ML5
    17/17
    61/79

INE TS2
    20/22 :)

INE ML6
    12/17 (17 point TS lab with 3 3-pointers is kind of not fair :p)
    61/79

CIERS-TC-LAB01
    CIERS labs are the "advanced" Cisco 360 labs. I took them mainly because I wanted more full scale TS practice. I would say the difficulty of these is right on with the real lab. The TS in these are harder than INE's and a bit short of the actual lab.

20/22
    76/78

CIERS-TC-LAB02
    20/22
    53/78

I think the grader has an issue on this one. All of the 360 labs come with a full score report as well as explanations and output from the show commands the grader used on your lab vs what the answer should've looked like. It's really useful. On one of the tasks, the explanation had you configure something that had nothing to do with any requirements of the task and didn't make any sense and wasn't required to make the task work. I think the grader wasn't updated during a refresh.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    Add me to the list. Commencing study in June (knocking over CCNP-V first, also a variety of real life obstacles LOL). I'm already reading a bunch of CCIE level articles (MP-BGP, OSPF NBMA designs etc.) as a warm-up, fortunately I am running into design scenarios all the time @ work that requires it.

I aim to do the written by Dec to give me one year to knock over R&S v4 if the rumours are true re: v5 announced next June and v4 EOL in Dec 2014. I read and lab fast so I hope thats not being overly optimistic :p

Got a lab prepped (6 x 1841s with 5 x WIC 2Ts, 4x 3560-8 port) and all my books ready, trying to convince work to fund the INE workbook bundle, that happens during end of Financial year review/begging time. LOL

Good luck to all
    Good luck wintermute! Welcome to the journey.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Welcome to the list!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck Wintermute!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • thetrillionairethetrillionaire Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Add me to the list I just finished up my BS and I have been hesitant the last few weeks as I believe they will announce V5 at Cisco Live but I threw caution to the wind and I am diving head first into the INE Workbooks. First attempt hopefully will be in October.