TVOICE complete [5/5] Now CCNP:Voice

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally, the 3 year saga is over. Passed the final exam, TVOICE, now achieved my CCNP:Voice.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Materials Used:
INE videos
Cisco LiveLesson videos
CBT Nuggets
Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony (2002) - old, but if you take out all the CCM v4.x specific material, still handy
TVOICE Study Guide (2010) - badly scanned PDF found "online" (and in places illegible), but relevant to the exam
Home lab

Still need to go back over things I've rushed, and to fill in some blanks.

Not sure how I managed to cram in the last 3 exams in 4 months, and all without working with CUCM on a daily basis, but we get lucky sometimes.

New goals, after taking a well earned break that is, delve deeper into my recently purchased UC520W for the home network and take a look at CCNA:Security to broaden my knowledge.

PS: Must be time for pitviper to remind me of my tardiness icon_lol.gif again

Comments

• bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    congrats man!!

how did you find the difficulty compared the other exams?
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bobfromfpl wrote: »
    congrats man!!

how did you find the difficulty compared the other exams?

Thanks! Found it harder, the last few I passed with 950+, today was the low 800's...but, a pass is a pass!
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats! Hope to join you soon.
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    Congrats! Hope to join you soon.

Thanks. I'm sure it won't be long.
  • sattarsattar Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with security path icon_wink.gif
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!The voice track is a beast, you deserve a break!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    i completely agree... the tvoice was the most difficult IMO!!! I took the full time alloted... scored in the 86x's. CAPPS remains!
    bobfromfpl wrote: »
    i completely agree... the tvoice was the most difficult IMO!!! I took the full time alloted...

it is just capable of covering so many areas, anything from CVOICE, CIPT1 and CIPT2, makes it v.hard to focus your study on given areas
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Good Job on the pass.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and completion!!! icon_cheers.gif
    azaghul wrote: »
    PS: Must be time for pitviper to remind me of my tardiness icon_lol.gif again

LOLOLO - I can't say much, I working on a 3-year CCNP R&S cert myself :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why don't you achieve CCIE:V?
  • SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I meant why you did change the track to S? Why did you stop at NP level?
    I meant why you did change the track to S? Why did you stop at NP level?

Come on, it hasn't been a week yet. icon_lol.gif Before even considering continuing to CCIE level, I need a lot more practical real world experience.

Plus its always good to broaden you knowledge base. Not really interested in the Sec track, but at least have a foundation level understanding of Site-to-Site and Remote VPN, ASA and also Nexus which I'm dealing with more. There's always more to learn.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    azaghul wrote: »
    Come on, it hasn't been a week yet. icon_lol.gif Before even considering continuing to CCIE level, I need a lot more practical real world experience.

Plus its always good to broaden you knowledge base. Not really interested in the Sec track, but at least have a foundation level understanding of Site-to-Site and Remote VPN, ASA and also Nexus which I'm dealing with more. There's always more to learn.

When I finish CCNP Voice I am doing the same. I've done a fair amount of ASA and VPN so it shouldn't be too difficult and will be a good refresh. Probably CCDA after CCNA Security eventually CCNP plus ARCH for CCDP as well. I don't enjoy complex routing so who know if I'll ever make it that far.
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    When I finish CCNP Voice I am doing the same. I've done a fair amount of ASA and VPN so it shouldn't be too difficult and will be a good refresh. Probably CCDA after CCNA Security eventually CCNP plus ARCH for CCDP as well. I don't enjoy complex routing so who know if I'll ever make it that far.

I did CCDA after CIPT1, just due to being out on the road living out of motels for 6 months with work. CCDA will put you to sleep, very very dry subject...all theory and concepts, having done SWITCH (which I hadn't) would definitely helps.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done Az :)

Going for CCNP R&S now?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratulations Fella. Hoping to join you in CCNP:V in 6 months or so, if the plans work out. Sounds like the printed resources for this exam are few and far between. I'll worry about that when it happens. I plan to do TVOICE last too.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog