We are family

kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
I might have passed my CISSP almost one year ago now, but I always come back here to read and to inspire others when I am feeling low, or frustrated with my job and ask why I went into Information Security. I come here, and I reflect on my journey from my A+ days all the way through my CISSP and I realize that I love what I do.
We all need to be here, especially for the up-and-comers, as Cyber Security is on fire. We need you all. The perseverance we all went through to get here is a testament to what we do each and every day. The journey is not easy, and the expectation of a CISSP is even greater.
I mean it when I say that I would have given up if not for this site. Contribute, coach, mentor, advise.

Comments

• ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great. Now its your turn to motivate others..
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    {crowd cheers in city centre as kalkan999 unites community}

hear hear!
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Kalkan999 I could not agree with you more, the times I have found myself frustrated for whatever reason, I always jump onto TE and have a read of the posts. Sometimes I find myself relating more to the people on this forum than at my work icon_rolleyes.gif , kinda silly but true. I have come to draw most of my professional inspiration from here too. I only wish I had known about TE earlier, it don't matter though, I am here now icon_cheers.gif... I have met some new people here, not actually physically, but by reading posts, sharing ideas, study strategies e.t.c

There is a lot to say, but I believe We are family sums it up. Thanks TE
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Today's pass by my friend TBRAYS is further evidence of my WE ARE FAMILY proclamation! CONGRATS to you and all who passed this week. I am here to serve those who are taking the plunge. Feel free to e-mail me or look me up on LinkedIn as I have the latter linked to this site.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    moyondizvo wrote: »
    Sometimes I find myself relating more to the people on this forum than at my work icon_rolleyes.gif , kinda silly but true. I have come to draw most of my professional inspiration from here too.

I couldn't agree more! I'm a very pro-active person who continually strives to better myself and my craft. Rather than listen to co-workers who do nothing but complain about working or not getting ahead but do nothing to further themselves, I stay on these boards and read stories and posts from people who are like myself. It's very motivating to participate on these boards.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would never be in security had I never found this website. After I finish my degree at WGU for security, I will pursue SSCP and move on to CISSP.

Since the SSCP requires a year of experience in a domain, I will start it now while I finish up my degree at WGU. I just need to find a way to get the domain experience.