Took CASP today

sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
I fall under DOD 8570, so I thought this would be a good cert to get going forward. Most of my infosec experience (a few years) is in patch managment and C&A. My only study material was the Sybex book, which I studied out of for about a month.

Now on to the exam. I felt like this was a typical Comptia test. There were several "gimmie" questions, and then there were several questions where I had no idea what I was being asked. I was not a fan of the simulation questions. I felt like the wording was incorrect on most of them . Anyways, this exam was certainly much more involved than sec+ and gave much more opporitunity to apply my knowledge.

I used up all of the time and I really didn't think I passed. As always, it felt great to see the "Congratulations!" at the end. Now time for CISSP!

Comments

• da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats on the pass.

I fall under the same reg's so I scheduled this test for next week as well. I've been reading the same book but I don't feel it was written very well...
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

I agree about the book. I noticed a few errors and lots of redundancy. I'm still not sure if it even really helped me out that much.

I look forward to hearing how you did. Good luck!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

I don't suppose there will be a problem with anyone passing the CASP exam before the CASP cert is officially added to 8570.01. There's probably a grandfathering clause somewhere used for pre-existing cert holders.
  • wycked67wycked67 Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I don't suppose there will be a problem with anyone passing the CASP exam before the CASP cert is officially added to 8570.01. There's probably a grandfathering clause somewhere used for pre-existing cert holders.

I certainly hope that's the case!
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    sigsoldier wrote: »
    Thanks!

I agree about the book. I noticed a few errors and lots of redundancy. I'm still not sure if it even really helped me out that much.

I look forward to hearing how you did. Good luck!

As of today I have joined the ranks of the elite along with you..... in other words I passed too.icon_lol.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No ****. Congrats. I'm right behind you. So you used the Sybex line of books?
    No ****. Congrats. I'm right behind you. So you used the Sybex line of books?

Yes sir, I used the Sybex book.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations to sigsoldier and da_vato!!!
    Nice going.