Options

Is it really as hard as I think it is?

chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have recently done my A+ and Network+ and am now trying to conquer the Security+. But part of me is more apprehensive about the Security+ exam than I was about the Network+.
Am I right to think that it is harder than the Network+?
At present I am using the Sybex Fast Pass, Microsoft Learning Series and Test Out - it seems really straight forward.
Is this too cocky an attitude to take? icon_confused.gif:

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I've been studying for the sec+ for just over a month now and some of the material is still fuzzy. Don't get me wrong, I've learned a lot so far and all my practice tests have gone from 60% to 80-85% but I know I need to do better.

I'm on my 3rd book and I am finally really grasping a lot of the objectives.... I think the main problem with me is that I have a ton of work experience with desktop and network support and Have had classes for networking but never got into the security side of things...

A good portion of the sec+ seems like common sense however the parts that get me are the acroymns and all the indepth material.
    I took a few tests before even opening a book to study just to see where I stood with this exam... I was scoring around 45%. About half way through my first book I was scoring around 60-65% and now on my 3rd book I am scoring around 80-85% on tests....

I suppose the difficulty of this exam depends on your background. I suppose it also doesnt hurt to mention that the requirements to pass this exam are far more than the net+.
  • Options
    Thanks for that.
    I've been using a couple of methods as I said, but it seems to come down to common sense at the end of the day - oh well, i'll attempt it tomorrow and let you know if it was just common sense or not!!!] icon_wink.gif

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon
  • Options
    Good luck! I am looking forward to your review on the exam.
  • Options
    The exam assumes that you are not looking at it from a technical level but from an overall picture.
    I missed it by about two questions icon_rolleyes.gif , but I'm going back for it.
    Testout is a training tool. icon_eek.gif
    Exam Cram is nice but not much like it. icon_sad.gif
    PrepLogic has some good questions to test your knowledge and some are quite like it. :)
    Good luck everyone.

• Options
    Thanks for the review.
    Its good that you are not giving up. Better luck on the next attempt.