Test Day Expectations

b_g11b_g11 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just scheduled my Net+ Exam for April 1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what to expect on test day? Do I get a whiteboard to write anything down? Can you skip a question and return to it? How is the exam scored? I assume it's best to guess instead of leaving a question blank.

This is my first attempt at technical certification, so I'm a newbie. Thanks!

Comments

• PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Generally its done in a small room with between 4 and 12 computers in it, depending on just how small the room is. There may be other test takers with you taking the same or even a different exam. Generally yes, they give you a small dry erase board to use, I try to brain-**** stuff onto this as soon as I sit down so i don't have to remember it for the duration. Generally on most CBT's, yes you can flag things for review and then return to any you flagged or missed during a final review. Scoring is anyone's guess but CompTIA's are generally on a scale of 100 - 900. A blank answer is wrong, so it is best to guess, yes.
  • JayemJayem Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Generally its done in a small room with between 4 and 12 computers in it, depending on just how small the room is. There may be other test takers with you taking the same or even a different exam. Generally yes, they give you a small dry erase board to use, I try to brain-**** stuff onto this as soon as I sit down so i don't have to remember it for the duration. Generally on most CBT's, yes you can flag things for review and then return to any you flagged or missed during a final review. Scoring is anyone's guess but CompTIA's are generally on a scale of 100 - 900. A blank answer is wrong, so it is best to guess, yes.

I hope that is the only brain **** you are doing, lol j/k
  • b_g11b_g11 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses above. Took the Net+ today and passed with a high score! Used CBT offered by SkillSoft, Mike Meyers Certification Passport, Professor Messer's videos, and the Net+ app for iPhone (Learnzapp?) to study. Probably over-prepared, but I guess that's better than under-prepared.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Good luck with your next adventure.
  • b_g11b_g11 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Darril, already ordered your book for the Security+!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @b_g11, With the Network+ so fresh in your mind, you'll find that you have a lot of knowledge for the Security+ topics. Many of the topics are similar but with a focus on security instead of operability. Good luck.