JNCIE-SP Passed!

terenteren Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Heard back the other day I passed the JNCIE-SP! Very excited and ready to move on to Security

For anybody currently studying, Junosphere Junosphere Junosphere....awesome resource if you have access to it

Also thank you to everybody in the forum here, I've been a long time reader but really need to start posting more...hopefully the security track will get me going on that :)

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Wow, very cool man, big congrats on the pass! And best of luck on the security track.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats man! What recourses did you use? Any vendor labs/work books you'd suggest? This one is on my plate for this year hopefully as well.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome!!

So onto Security now for the Triple? :) Nice!
  • hoelscherahoelschera Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • terenteren Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone, triple is the goal, you guys have set the bar pretty high :)

As far as resources, Junosphere along with the SP bootcamp lab book was a great combo to build speed/efficiency. If you can attend any of the courses or at least get your hands on courseware for the SP track, they're very well done and easy to focus on areas you need more depth in. Home lab is always nice but I'm becoming a bigger fan of Junosphere everytime I use it.
  • sachivgsachivg Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Congratulations teren...
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro.. I have to set aside money for junosphere if my company won't get me SRX210s for my IE lab.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • masagungmasagung Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Teren, congrats for your JNCIE-SP icon_cheers.gif
    anyway i'm planning to take the exam next month, do you have any tips? books ?
  • brunojuniperbrunojuniper Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    masagung wrote: »
    Hi Teren, congrats for your JNCIE-SP icon_cheers.gif
    anyway i'm planning to take the exam next month, do you have any tips? books ?

Inetzero JNCIE-SP workbook is great. i use them . offical jncie-sp lab guide is a altermative.
    Junosphere was a great asset if you have access through your company or even just purchase a couple sessions. The Official Juniper JNCIE-SP bootcamp is also great, they did a wonderful job on the content.
  • whitehorsewhitehorse Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Teren,
    How long did you study for the JNCIE?
    I recently passed my CCIE SP, and looking to transition into Juniper. I'm wondering the time burden that might be required
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on next one
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • salah94salah94 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • dark_15dark_15 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let me know if you need some tips on passing the JNCIE-SEC! Congrats on the JNCIE-SP pass!
  • mellowdmellowd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Out of interest, how much junosphere time (and money) did you use? Currently I have a lab set up with an M10 running logical systems and a few SRXs in packet mode. While it's ideal to have access to an unused MX, there really is no topics in the blueprint that specifically require the MX. Some of the more advanced L2 features are now on the JNCIS-SP exam, but not on the JNCIE-SP.
    It's hard to say how much Junosphere time I spent since I have access to a shared pool that my department pays for. A M10 with logical systems and some packet-mode SRX's really should do the trick, if you only had the SRX's it's a little more debatable since there are some limitations like route reflectors and such but with the M10 I would think you should be able to cover most if not all the necessary scenarios.
  • cciejncie-spcciejncie-sp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which version of bootcamp Lab book you got? I bought version 10.a 2-3 years ago when they use to sell it without attending bootcamp.
  • AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congratulations!!!
  • AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congratulations!!!icon_cheers.gif
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Passed the Pre-Assessment this morning so it looks like I'm going to try to join the Juniper club too!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • tryprotrypro Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!!!

Please share your JNCIE-SP book if you have. thanks for sharing