Options

Curious about 70-662

Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just earned A+ and anxious for another cert. Never worked on a server, or a computer for that matter. Would it be better for me to take Server+ first, or can I dive right in and take 70-662?

Comments

• Options
    CloudKill9CloudKill9 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You will run into great difficulty if you dive into this without any prior AD/Exchange experience.

If you're interested in Messaging, skip the CompTIA exams as they will not do you any good.

What is your background with AD/Exchange?
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's AD, is that Active Directory? No background. I've just got an Associate degree in Information Technology and the certifications. No experience in IT.
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Start with server or windows 7/8 certs and build up to exchange when I was younger I tried to jump the gun with exchange 2003 and it turned out to a big waste of time and money.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would agree with others, if you're lacking Exchange experience you might find it difficult to prepare. I recently passed the 70-662 exam and for someone with 7+ years experience working with Exchange version 2003-2010, I found it to be tricky and and tough at times.