Took the 70-417 and...

X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
PASSED!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be..

Time to celebrate... Then on to the next :)

I thought id share my good news with you all..!

Comments

• broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! What resources did you use?
  • X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks... I used CBT Nuggets and the MS Press book. Some Virtual Labs/Technet plus a lot of labbing of my own.

It wasnt as bad as i thought it would be... On to Private cloud now...
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm a little freaked out about the powershell commands. Tim Warner and the Exam Prep both have me concerned about it. I know to study them but they're all really similar and I remember some questions from 649/647 that were tricky with syntax.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
    I wouldn't be so freaked out. Without breaking NDA.. i didn't remember every command. As long as you know the basics you should be find.

I've always found with MS exams you can rule out 2 answers straight away... When are you planning to take the exam?
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm taking it in a week. I have 4 CBT nuggets from the 417 series and about 100 pages in the Exam Prep book before I'm ready to start review. I work in an accounting firm so taking it so close to the 15th of April (USA Tax Day) may have been a poor choice...

Good to know I don't need to obsess over everything powershell. I am confident in the 2008 R2 concepts that carry over and know most of the new features but I can't lab CSVs and HyperV networking stuff at home so I hope I have time to find a TechNet lab for that part.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
    I dont remember seeing a lab for CSVs but if you google it there is a lot written up about it and if you youtube it there is some videos on how to configure it up... I know its not the same as clicking the buttons but its really straight forward... You can understand the steps you need to go through to set it all up..

Good Luck... Let us know how you get on?

Future note if you ever set up your own lab and need to set up an iscsi target use starwinds.. it was a PITA to get freenas or openfiler working in the failover cluster manager in server 2012!