is the network+ harder than the A+

locoandcrazylocoandcrazy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
iam taking the network+ can somebody tell me the kind the questions the network+ has and if it is adaptive thank you

Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    OH yea, I thought it was a bit harder..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Seems it was on the level of A+ Core to me, but easier than A+ OS.

Check the COMPtia objectives and go by the percentages. There are going to be several real-life scenarios on troubleshooting.

Also, seems you have to learn to "think OSI". Don't know a better way to say it; also, IEEE802 standards will show up.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    network+ questions are harder in that questions can be more scenario-based and not one-liners like a+. i thought my questions were more along the lines of what i would expect in microsoft exams (based on what i have seen in transcender demos).

what networking you learned for a+ will be about half of what you need for network+. obviously, network+ goes into the stuff in a lot greater detail ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The scenario questions are a bit more like the ones at MS indeed, at least those in the 70-210... others, such as the 70-270 and 2003 exams are generally much longer, and partly contain obsolete information just to throw you off...

An example of a Network+ scenario question (from our Network+ Special Edition TechNotes):

5. Take a look at the following network diagram.

xdslconn.gif

Both clients cannot connect to the Internet but can communicate with each other. You checked the link indicators and noticed only 2 ports on the hub are lit. Which of the following is probably causing the problem?

a. Hub
    b. xDSL router
    c. WorkstationA
    d. WorkstationB
    e. ISP
    f. Incorrect TCP/IP configuration

Here's an example of a MS scenario question (from our Windows 2003 question of the day topic):

You are the administrator at a large company. The company's Windows 2003 domain spans several remote locations, each with its own file servers. Some of the remote locations use application servers at the main office, and all the remote locations use a single shared Internet connection through a firewall located at the main office. Administrative permissions for local servers are delegated to local system admins, but once in a while they need your support. Several times, a local system admin has requested remote assistance from a buddy of his, to help him out with some problems on the file servers. How should you prevent local system admins from sending Remote Assistance invitations to people outside the corporate network? (Select the best answer)

a. Configure a Group Policy for the local file servers to prohibit users to send Remote Assistance invitations from those servers over the Internet.
    b. Configure a Group Policy for the local system admins' accounts to prohibit them to send Remote Assistance invitations over the Internet.
    c. Clear the option Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be send from this computer on the Remote tab of the System Properties on each local file server.
    d. Use the Select Remote Users button on the Remote tab of the System Properties on each local file server and select only those users that are granted to connect remotely.
    e. Block inbound and outbound traffic to port 3389 at the firewall.

This TechNote: icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/support.shtml should be helpful to answer the scenario type of questions in the Network+ exam.

Combining your technical knowledge with plain logic is the way to answer those questions. I think the scenario type of questions are a (failed) attempt to make the exam less theoretical, so network+ certification will proof don't only have the knowledge but can apply it as well.