70-410 exam today

TopTechTopTech Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the 70-410 exam today and just managed to pass it. Not a particularly great score and I put this down to the training material I used, not covering anywhere near enough the content required. I used the MS Press book, which I found to be very poor quality, full of errors, and the CBT Nuggets training videos, which covered more material but to my mind not enough and too many deviations from the required content were shown.
On to 70-411 now and I will need to rethink my study tactics.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nicely done! I concur about the MS Press book, most of them are pretty useless and dont prepare you adequately either for the test or for real-world work.

I would strongly recommend you replace the book with TechNet. Read the blueprint, read the articles on TechNet and anywhere else, watch the videos. Repeat if required. I've used this tactic for all my MS exams and it's worked.

Good luck with the 411!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    My approach is identical to @Essendon's. I use Safari's eBooks (free through my county library system) to browse through new Microsoft books. Some are worth buying; many are not. I have a list of favorite Microsoft authors whose books I pre-purchase without first using Safari.

Then ... it is lab, lab, lab ... and read TechNet articles and developer blogs.
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    Essendon wrote: »
    Nicely done! I concur about the MS Press book, most of them are pretty useless and dont prepare you adequately either for the test or for real-world work.

I would strongly recommend you replace the book with TechNet. Read the blueprint, read the articles on TechNet and anywhere else, watch the videos. Repeat if required. I've used this tactic for all my MS exams and it's worked.

Good luck with the 411!

Essendon, this is my first Microsoft exam and I've never really used Technet. Can you please post a link to the relevant technet section for 70-410? I've had a look and feel like i'm looking in the wrong or at irrelevant material.

I've got the exam ref70-410 book, so im going to ignore it judging by what you and others have experienced with this book.

And congrats to you TopTech
  • t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    Beany, you can check out the thread I just created. You will find it useful:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/88247-70-410-resources.html#post738950
    Knowledge is Power.