Office 2003?

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
has anyone used the Office 2003 Resource Kit? I am trying to set up an Administration Point so that i can deploy Office 2003 across the network but embarrasingly have got stuck on the first part!!! Can anyone help me with the set up procedure?

Comments

• jamesthatsmeukjamesthatsmeuk Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First part is the administritive install..

install the pack using the /a swich in the command prompt.

i think ive prob just confused u...

let me know if i am any help
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Hi thanks for the reply. I`ll try and explain what i am doing.

1. I have created a share on the server.
    2. I then go to another computer and browse to the server share.( i take it they mean another host machine and not another server!!)
    3. I then click on Start/Run and browse to the setup.exe on the CD and add the /a switch and then hit enter.

But this is where i get an error message:

Server administrative Installation Images is not Supported for Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit.

So i hope you can understand what i `m trying to explain
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try this to log the errors:

/lpiwaeo Turns on logging and sets a path for the log file. The default setting /lpiwaeo logs a subset of information, such as error messages and warnings. Use /lv* to log all information.
    Also check the client's event logs. It might be possible that it means what it says, you can't do an administrative install of the Office RK. Try it without the /a and see what happens.

Just a dumb question - are you trying to deploy Office 2003, or the Office 2003 Resource Kit?

Good luck.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    will try thanks. I`m trying to deploy Office 2003. Whats even wierd is that i`m following the steps through the Microsoft Office Resource Kit Book!! So i would of thought it would work following the steps but.... Hey there`s no logic where PC`s are concerned!!! :D
    icon_confused.gif mmmmmm Ihave now found out that in another book you can start the Installation by using RUN - CMD and changing to your D:\ and typing in setup.exe /a pro11.msi? BUT..... it now throws up a box telling me to go to Control Panel and install and configure components?? But which ones??????