Options

Failed the 98-365 by 3 points.

It's never a good feeling to fail an exam especially when one fails by only 3 points. I'd imagine that given the number of questions on this exam, it was probably one question, maybe two at the most that I missed the passing mark by.

I've read about others failing this exam as well and I have to say, this exam is pretty difficult especially if one has no real world Sys. Admin experience. I suppose I need to play with my Server VM and keep plugging away at the provided Ucertify material.

Materials used so far have been Ucertify the official Microsoft book which was extremely dry and possibly one of the reasons I was not able to retain the information as well; even if it was detailed enough.

Never failed a WGU exam before so this should be interesting. I've heard it's like pulling teeth to get a second exam voucher approved. Should be fun.
WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    3 points is unreal man, that really sucks. The closest to 700 score I've heard of was 683. 697, OMG!

Maybe give CBT Nuggets a go, they are at $99/month atm. James Conrad does the nugget for this exam and IMO he's a great trainer. Dont just stick to uCertify, hammering the exam bank repeatedly aint going to give you an advantage since after a while you memorise the questions and mark the correct answer without looking at the wrong ones. Also perhaps use TechNet to help with reinforcing the material.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Yeah, it's hard to describe the feeling I had when I submitted the exam and saw the word 'fail' on the screen. It was a long train ride home. To clear up any confusion though, I received a score of 67 and the passing score is 70.

I really like CBT Nuggets as well and used Jeremy's videos so study the CCNA. James is kinda unnecessarily verbose at times, but he keeps it interesting for the most part. I'm on the 5th video right now and I've already taken in some new information that I didn't absorb in the provided Microsoft book or uCertify.

Reflecting further, I think I rushed this exam to be honest. A lot of members here seem to downplay the difficulty of the MTA exams as a whole and I don't think that's accurate for all of them. Of course everything depends on experience and current knowledge, but I have the impression that the MTA Server and Web Dev exams are harder that people here give them credit for. I found OS and Sec pretty easy, but that could just be my experience. Lesson learned I guess but a fair warning to future test takers is to not take these exams lightly. There are questions that will stump you and they can add up.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll get it next time! Keep us updated on your progress. I am planning to take this exam later this year.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you try this exam again yet?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @CarlSaiyed seems so, from his sig.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    in your humble a opinion how was the exam?
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    djfunz wrote: »
    It's never a good feeling to fail an exam especially when one fails by only 3 points. I'd imagine that given the number of questions on this exam, it was probably one question, maybe two at the most that I missed the passing mark by.

I've read about others failing this exam as well and I have to say, this exam is pretty difficult especially if one has no real world Sys. Admin experience. I suppose I need to play with my Server VM and keep plugging away at the provided Ucertify material.

Materials used so far have been Ucertify the official Microsoft book which was extremely dry and possibly one of the reasons I was not able to retain the information as well; even if it was detailed enough.

Never failed a WGU exam before so this should be interesting. I've heard it's like pulling teeth to get a second exam voucher approved. Should be fun.

Did you take the exam?